Pre Workout meals for Early morning workouts

Options
raven56706
raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
Looking for some ideas for meals or snacks before my workout in the early mornings

Planning on working out at 5am. Looking to get something in the system before workout. Looking to eat breakfast when i get to work around 8am.

Any ideas would be great.

Replies

• blue_eyes1978
    blue_eyes1978 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I would think skim milk and a banana would be a good option. I usually have a smoothie before my morning walk then eat cereal after my walk and before my work out. I like the special k protein cereal just have found it not to keep me full very long! So I eat the 3/4 cup serving and a 1/2 cup of skim just before my work out and that will tie me off until lunch time. :)
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Some days I'll down a scoop of Combat protein shake with water, not milk. But most days I don't have anything until I get to the office. Swim 6000 yards empty but for water to stat hydrated during the swim.
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I work out from 4 AM - 5 AM and never eat before. I drink a lot, but no food. I get to work at about 7:30 and eat breakfast at about 9.
  • tmoser512
    tmoser512 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I work out at 6:30 and just grab a banana and have some milk in my coffee. I eat something a little more substantial later.
  • raven56706
    Options
    so no shakes post workout? what do you eat after cardio? what do you eat after weight workout?
  • berescga
    berescga Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I exercise that early. If I run I just drink water & take water with me. If I'm lifting I drink half a can of Coke for the sugar & caffeine. After my run I have some chocolate milk. after lifting I have a protein shake or protein bar. Then I eat breakfast at work around 8:30.
  • raven56706
    Options
    berescga wrote: »
    I exercise that early. If I run I just drink water & take water with me. If I'm lifting I drink half a can of Coke for the sugar & caffeine. After my run I have some chocolate milk. after lifting I have a protein shake or protein bar. Then I eat breakfast at work around 8:30.

what are your goals? getting big or getting cut? im definitely interested in what your goals are.
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    I work out 4-5am and simply have some carbs along with a scoop of pre-workout. Depending on how I feel after my workout I will have some protein and a banana or I wait until I eat breakfast around 8am. My breakfast is boring and redundant.... 4 eggs scrambled.... English muffin w/peanut butter....coffee...
  • raven56706
    Options
    im looking to get cut. Trying to find the good routine to go with lifting 3-4 times a week. and Cardio 3 times a week.
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    jfauci wrote: »
    I work out from 4 AM - 5 AM and never eat before. I drink a lot, but no food. I get to work at about 7:30 and eat breakfast at about 9.

I envy you who can workout this early. Can I ask how early you have to get to bed in order to be able to not pass out from sleepiness (like I do!)? I tried the 5am thing for a week, and it was just so taxing. I normally try to get to bed around 10:30 or so.

• jmule24
    Options
    raven56706 wrote: »
    im looking to get cut. Trying to find the good routine to go with lifting 3-4 times a week. and Cardio 3 times a week.

Substitute some egg whites instead........
    I personally like a high calorie breakfast especially while doing early AM workouts. If I'm cutting, I simply use caffeine to get the motor running and that's it.

• jmule24
    Options
    raven56706 wrote: »

Substitute some egg whites instead........
    I personally like a high calorie breakfast especially while doing early AM workouts. If I'm cutting, I simply use caffeine to get the motor running and that's it.