Helps with abs

Options
I've been reducing body fat and doing ab exercises but only seem to be getting results on my sides.

Advice?
bt19v8zdrri4.jpg

Replies

• geotrice
    geotrice Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Your body fat percentage is still too high. That's all.
  • imdanshort
    imdanshort Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    geotrice wrote: »
    Your body fat percentage is still too high. That's all.

Yeh I know I have a few more % to drop but wondered if it's normal for sides to come in before anything else really
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Standard 'you can't spot reduce' response, keep burning fat and it'll come off there at some point. I noticed a big reduction in fat on my sides first as well, took a while longer after that before I could begin to see my abs.

Edit: Pull your damn pants up.
  • joeboland
    joeboland Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    imdanshort wrote: »
    I've been reducing body fat and doing ab exercises but only seem to be getting results on my sides.

Advice?
    bt19v8zdrri4.jpg

Can you expand on what "ab exercises" you're doing? I only hit my abs once a week, but I go heavy on them (weighted leg raises, weighted crunches on a Bosu ball, and Russian twists). If you want muscular definition and for your abs to "pop", you have to work them out with appropriate resistance, like any other muscle group.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    More muscle, less fat. Heavy compound lifts are going to be more effective than ab exercises.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    More muscle, less fat. Heavy compound lifts are going to be more effective than ab exercises.
    That's the ticket ^
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I....
    ....I personally think that's a good looking tummy, but that's just me and I totally get that you have your goals.
  • imdanshort
    imdanshort Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Such as deadlifts, squats, bench press, overhead press, pull-ups, row etc?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    imdanshort wrote: »
    Such as deadlifts, squats, bench press, overhead press, pull-ups, row etc?

Yes