Diet plan

Options
so i'm looking for a good diet plan to help me reach my goal of about 20 lbs. I've lost a lot of weight by counting calories and working out. But after a few years of doing this, things have got a bit stale. i continue to work out daily, and ride as often as I can (2-3 days a week). But my diet was turned a bit. I don't know a whole lot about low carb,paleo,and all the new crazes out there, I'm just looking for a diet plan with meals(I like to plan ahead). Any help would be great.

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    I like iifym (if it fits you macros) approach. I've tried all kinds of "diets" over the years and they work for a while, but then I go off the wagon and boom...the weight comes back. At least with this I can eat/drink what I want as long as I stay within my goals. What kinds of meals are you looking for? Just ideas that fit your calorie goals? Any limitations due to health (i.e diabetes, low sodium, allergies).
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Don't bother with a diet plan... sounds like what you need are just more creative ideas for recipes to change things up a bit.

Check out the "recipes" thread on this forum--- lots of good ideas there! Pinterest is also great for getting inspiration.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Why not continue calorie counting, but with foods you like?
  • matthew_garcia
    matthew_garcia Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Why not continue calorie counting, but with foods you like?

LOL. Because the foods I like are pizza..lol
  • segacs
    Options
    LOL. Because the foods I like are pizza..lol

Nothing wrong with pizza. I love pizza. It's delicious. Just eat it in smaller portions.
  • matthew_garcia
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    Don't bother with a diet plan... sounds like what you need are just more creative ideas for recipes to change things up a bit.

Check out the "recipes" thread on this forum--- lots of good ideas there! Pinterest is also great for getting inspiration.

You may be right. I just don't want to burn out. Sometimes when I have a plan it makes it easier for shopping,cooking etc. It's also hard when you're the one dieting in the household,having to make different meals at times can be a chore.
  • matthew_garcia
    Options
    cathipa wrote: »
    I like iifym (if it fits you macros) approach. I've tried all kinds of "diets" over the years and they work for a while, but then I go off the wagon and boom...the weight comes back. At least with this I can eat/drink what I want as long as I stay within my goals. What kinds of meals are you looking for? Just ideas that fit your calorie goals? Any limitations due to health (i.e diabetes, low sodium, allergies).

The calorie counting has worked great, but i tend to not eat very healthy,(even though i'm within my limits). I 'm just gonna buck up and push on, thanks for the advice!
  • segacs
    Options
    Personally I'd find it harder to try to adhere to some external plan. But that's just me.

SparkPeople is a similar site to MFP but it has optional meal plans that you can follow. You might try that if it's of interest to you.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    eat less move more
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    So make pizza using cornmeal tortillas instead of pizza dough, which is 80% of the calories in a pizza.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    If you have the budget maybe a service like plated or blueapron to get you out of your recipe rut. If you don't have the budget than just a goal of 1 or 2 new recipes per week :)
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    PINTEREST

What do you like to eat? I tend to pick a protein, find a recipe and make a batch to eat throughout the week. For example, I wanted steak, so I grilled up 2 tri tips, and split it over 3 spring green, feta and strawberry salads for lunch this week.
  • sullivantricia
    sullivantricia Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Also a cauliflower base pizza! I know you want more than pizza-alt ideas lol Good luck !
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    When my mother comes over I always have to cook low carb meals and one of my favorites is using a Portobello mushroom cap as the dough for low carb pizza. It's actually pretty good.
  • Lisa_allenn
    Lisa_allenn Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Obese people are always looking for a better weight loss meal plan. But they forget to count the nutrient-rich food in their diet plan.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,166 Member
    Options
    Obese people are always looking for a better weight loss meal plan. But they forget to count the nutrient-rich food in their diet plan.

Yes, that's true.

But did you notice that this thread was from 2015? I'm thinking the person who started it either figured out his meal plan, or gave up, because it looks like he hasn't been active in the MFP Community since April 2021.

Sometimes these old threads get revived because a spammer comes along, posts some ad or something on the thread, then the spam gets deleted by the moderators, but the thread shows up looking similar to a new thread.

Best wishes!