fitbit steps /myfitness steps

Options
jennshan
jennshan Posts: 1 Member
Hi, just wondering if anyone can give me some advice please. My fitbit is registering 5464 steps and myfitness is showing 3500 although it's synced to myfitness. How do I fix this please. Thanks in advance. Jenn

Replies

• markfielden
    markfielden Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a Vivofit and rarely do the sync`s match between the band software and my myfitness page. Personally I don't think these bands are any good, neither do the people I know who have one. I run for a hour on the treadmill and the machine says I have run off 1000 calories. My Vivofit says 2600 calories . I'm not daft I know its the 1000 but it highlights how these bands can mis-lead you.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I have a Vivofit and rarely do the sync`s match between the band software and my myfitness page. Personally I don't think these bands are any good, neither do the people I know who have one. I run for a hour on the treadmill and the machine says I have run off 1000 calories. My Vivofit says 2600 calories . I'm not daft I know its the 1000 but it highlights how these bands can mis-lead you.

@markfielden - is it giving 2600 for just the workout or 2600 for your day (BMR+daily activity steps + workout)?
    The first one would be just plain wrong, but the second one I could believe if your a guy. I get close to 2500 on average from my Fitbit, but it's my TDEE not just exercise calories. It's my BMR + daily activity steps + workouts.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    @jennshan - MyFitnessPal has been having issues with the Steps on the app for about a week now. Last I read they are still trying to fix it. I also supsect it will be a bit off from what the device shows, since it is only going to pull information about steps every time Fitbit and MFP talk to each other.
  • matiasabt
    matiasabt Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey, you can force a sync manually. Log in to your MyFitnessPal account on the website and go to the Apps menu, find the Fitbit and click on Disconnect, then connect it again and it will show your steps.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    jennshan wrote: »
    My fitbit is registering 5464 steps and myfitness is showing 3500 although it's synced to myfitness. How do I fix this please.

As @shadow2soul said above, MFP has been having step problems for about a week: https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1972979--fitbit-syncing-downtime-5-7-15

FYI, MFP has a Fitbit Users group:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users