Horribly awesome foods

Options
dubird
dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
I'm just curious what horrible/awesome/bizzare recipes people have run across. For instance, I can't decide if this is the coolest thing ever or just horrible:

bfomid2.jpg
http://www.ohbiteit.com/2015/04/bacon-fried-oreos.html

Replies

• Edwardshar
    Edwardshar Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I don't see anything horrible!
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Wow :o
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I don't even know what to make of that x.x I mean, people eat chocolate covered bacon so I imagine it'd have to be good! But so, so bad...
    Anywho, here are two I found online:
    1) Cheesy spaghetti pie (http://magazine.foxnews.com/recipe/cheesy-spaghetti-pie) I really want to make this.
    2) Pizzaburger (http://www.thrillist.com/eat/dallas/taste-testing-the-hell-out-of-the-bostons-pizzaburger) Words cannot describe how spectacular this must be.

I also found this online a while ago, although I can't remember where I found it: 85dovqvu20ek.jpg
    French fry pizza. Yes, someone actually made this a thing :')
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Bacon goes on EVERYTHING....

Bacbacbacbacooooonnnn!
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I had a grilled chicken sandwich last year with swiss cheese, peanut butter, bacon and fresh sliced jalapenos. I really wasn't sure I'd eat it but so glad that crazy chef came up with it because man oh man was it fabulous!
  • dubird
    Options
    Wish I had some recipes for stuff at the Texas State Fair. Though to be fair, most of it involves dropping into a deep fryer. XD
  • eukleja
    eukleja Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those people who don't like my food touching. So pretty much all of this sounds gross to me. ;)
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    dubird wrote: »
    Wish I had some recipes for stuff at the Texas State Fair. Though to be fair, most of it involves dropping into a deep fryer. XD
    Ditto for the Calgary Stampede. Every year there seems to be a new deep fried item. I think last year's was deep fried butter.
    riktvgq868il.jpg

ETA: Actually, looking at the new menu for this year... http://blog.calgarystampede.com/2015/04/30/2015s-new-midway-foods-are-waiting-for-you-the-midway-champion/
    mfp-69xhp4c2bzoi.jpg
    hsazc0qo4pdd.jpg

en.vanillaforums.com/editor/6i/ga869h1ym9e7.jpg

• dubird
    Options
    Yeah, we had that too. This past year's winner was fried Gulf shrimp boil. Didn't try that one. But the deep friend brownie sundae was pretty darn good!
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I had chocolate covered bacon at the Wisconsin State Fair. It was not good at all. It was cold! Blech.
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    1w6m6vg8k8tx.jpg

Cheeseburger with a donut for a bun. I've heard they're popular at some ballparks
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    As odd as this may sound, the only way I like radishes is when they are dipped in vanilla ice cream.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I don't like bacon and sweets together.

That being said... I want some of these two

Boston-Pizza-Cake.jpg
    Churro-Dog.jpg
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Krispy-creme-Jelly-Dog.jpg&w=1484

This is local to me. Hot dog inside a Krispy Kreme glazed doughnut bun with bacon and raspberry jelly. Just came out this season. Come August when I go to a game, I'm getting one. You only live once, amirite?!!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Churro-Dog.jpg

Churro sundae with a maple bar bun? Yes, please!!!
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Boston-Pizza-Cake.jpg
    Ho
    Lee
    Shiiiiiieeeet

I need this
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I had a grilled chicken sandwich last year with swiss cheese, peanut butter, bacon and fresh sliced jalapenos. I really wasn't sure I'd eat it but so glad that crazy chef came up with it because man oh man was it fabulous!

I can believe this. There's a restaurant near me that makes something similar with almond butter. It was suprisingly one of the best sandwiches I've ever eaten.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Odd-Food-Combinations-That-Look-Pretty-Damn-Delicious19.jpg

and these are pickles.... in kool aid

odd_food_combinations_that_look_pretty_damn_delicious_640_14.jpg

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    so- I wouldn't eat anything of these. not going to lie. none of these sound good to me.