"You will weigh x in 5 weeks" a q

2»

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    I'm setup to maintain and it tells me in 5 weeks if today were like to today I would weigh some crazy number that is way below where I would ever need to be...

They should throw that feature out the window..it is annoying.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    gia07 wrote: »
    I'm setup to maintain and it tells me in 5 weeks if today were like to today I would weigh some crazy number that is way below where I would ever need to be...

They should throw that feature out the window..it is annoying.

I undereat my calories most days so I don't get the message but a warning that I'm not eating enough.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Just ignore it.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,081 Member
    I never understood the confusion with this feature.

It clearly says if every day was like today then this is your weight in 5 weeks. It's an estimate based on one day, of coarse it's not going to be accurate. Less accurate if your net calories change a lot day to day.

It seems on par with getting mad at a weather man because his forecast for next week was slightly off.

I don't know why they picked 5 weeks and not 4. I'm not sure why they didn't base the estimate on the previous 7 completed days.

But it is what it is. A simple estimate that might highlight if your on the right or wrong path.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,954 Member
    Merkavar wrote: »
    I never understood the confusion with this feature.

It clearly says if every day was like today then this is your weight in 5 weeks. It's an estimate based on one day, of coarse it's not going to be accurate. Less accurate if your net calories change a lot day to day.

It seems on par with getting mad at a weather man because his forecast for next week was slightly off.

I don't know why they picked 5 weeks and not 4. I'm not sure why they didn't base the estimate on the previous 7 completed days.

But it is what it is. A simple estimate that might highlight if your on the right or wrong path.

Yup, it's a really meaningless stat, especially since it makes a prediction for over a month away based solely on that one day, and without the whole picture. If you happened to do the grocery shopping that day and didn't track that as exercise, the stats are off. If you forgot to grab your purse and jogged back to the house, the stats are off. And then there are the poential minor changes in intake that may stuff it up.

It's a novelty, no more.
  • machjas
    machjas Posts: 26 Member
    I always thought it was just a motivator. Sometimes it's close, sometimes not, I don't think it matters. It's helped to motivate me in the past, and it's not something that people are going to rely on.