Favorite Low Cost & Low Calorie Snacks

Options
I'm on a 12 week to eating better journey and would love recipes/ideas for snacks that are "cheap", low calorie, and as little DAIRY as possible. (Yes, I'm lactose intolerant.)

Ideally these snacks would be easy to store for up to a week as I prep a week ahead and store in containers until the day of.

TIA!

Replies

• SeeNicholeShrink
    SeeNicholeShrink Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love rice cakes. They come in so many different flavors and are low calorie, and cheap. Also, nuts/fruit keeping it simple. A lot is in season right now, so they won't cost a ton.
  • BrittanyAleciaS
    BrittanyAleciaS Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love rice cakes. They come in so many different flavors and are low calorie, and cheap. Also, nuts/fruit keeping it simple. A lot is in season right now, so they won't cost a ton.

I love fruits & nuts but I don't want to consume too much because of natural sugars and then the fat content. I didn't think about the rice cakes though! I will find some of those soon. Thank you!
  • Annapululu
    Annapululu Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Umm cherry tomatoes
  • jacquifrench304
    jacquifrench304 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    egg muffins ( 40 min prep time store for up to 5 days in the fridge or u can freeze)
    can add veggies ham , bacon cheese , very low cal for lots of satisfaction
  • BrittanyAleciaS
    Options
    Annapululu wrote: »
    Umm cherry tomatoes

Thanks! That'll be easy to keep here, my daughter loves them too!
  • BrittanyAleciaS
    Options
    egg muffins ( 40 min prep time store for up to 5 days in the fridge or u can freeze)
    can add veggies ham , bacon cheese , very low cal for lots of satisfaction

I keep seeing these brought up! I guess I better get to making some for this week.
  • Calimama123
    Calimama123 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Homemade hummus
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    My picks are sliced cucumber, sliced red or orange pepper, baby carrots, rice cakes, oatmeal for snacks help me binge less lol
  • HadassahsMomma
    HadassahsMomma Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I like to have a hardboiled egg or 2 scrambled eggs with salsa.
    Veggies and hummus is good. Celery is filling and cheap. You can make your own hummus. It's much cheaper.
    I also love beans! Buy them dried. A 1lb bag of black beans is about $1.80 at walmart and makes a giant freezer bag of cooked beans. 1 cup of black beans with salsa makes a great snack/meal. It has tons of fiber and protein and will keep you full for a long time.
  • sailsgoboom
    sailsgoboom Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    pickled veggies or kimchi... easy to make yourself if you don't mind chopping, flavorful, and low cal.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I love those little mini sweet peppers. Pickles are yummy too and a bit different, flavor wise, from fresh veggies.