Fellow foodies?

Options
2»

Replies

• harpsdesire
    harpsdesire Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I've cut back on eating complex, interesting recipes because I'm daunted by trying to input/track/log them, and the additional prep time of weighing each of the 14 ingredients and messing with mfp on my phone trying to get all the input right >_< I'm becoming a lazy cook.
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    amcook4 wrote: »
    adamklug73 wrote: »
    Homemade ramen sounds awesome!!!

Oh goodness it was! Fresh homemade broth, lots of veggies, noodles and an egg. Nom.

My husband has made homemade ramen- it is so good!
  • vinerie
    vinerie Posts: 234 Member
    Options

Oh goodness it was! Fresh homemade broth, lots of veggies, noodles and an egg. Nom.

Nothing eats a homemade broth, right? And it's totally diet friendly-- e.g. Much lower on sodium than store-bought.

Recipe?
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    I've found that finding 2,3,4...recipes that you really like and then just rotating them helps keep down on the problem with logging. I only "diet" in no more than 5 month intervals where I'm really strict about my calorie intake. The other seven months I try to maintain/bulk to gain some muscle. I couldn't do it if it was 24/7/365
  • funfang
    funfang Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    sandryc79 wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

I find the recipe builder annoying and more often than not log by just jotting down ingredients I use when cooking (while chopping I dump things on the scale). I also largely ignore ingredients like garlic and spices and herbs, as my recipes/logs aren't for use as recipes, but just to get a calorie count. That makes it easier for me.

x2 on the annoying recipe builder. It isn't that user friendly at all. The only thing I miss about weight watchers online is I found their recipe builder much more useful and user-friendly.

I am so glad I am not the only one! I was just wondering if there's any simple calorie calculator that just add up calories for me without going through all the fuss. I love to cook and often try to play around with different ingredients ( I am not a good recipe follower)

I am definitely a foodie, I love all kind food!
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    vinerie wrote: »

Nothing eats a homemade broth, right? And it's totally diet friendly-- e.g. Much lower on sodium than store-bought.

Recipe?

This is what we used for the broth, http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-bone-broth-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-215311

For everything else we just added in what was on sale at the grocery store/what looked really good. We let it cool so we could skim the fat, then reheated it back up and added in chopped bok choy and dry ramen noodles a few minutes before serving, after serving we added in green onions, pea sprouts and hard boiled egg. (And mushrooms for my husband)