Haven't lost any weight in two months, struggling for motivation...

Options
Hello all!
I have been working out and using mfp for about three months. I have used it on and off before. I lost ten pounds initially on my latest journey. Now I have been yoyoing between 142 & 143lbs for over two months with no change in measurements or body fat℅. I am struggling to stay motivated... Any tips are welcome.

Replies

• cassiearmon
    cassiearmon Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've used it for several years and I've actually gained a ton of weight. Sometimes it's just where your body is healthiest at. Sometimes you've plateaued. Talk to your doctor about it and see if you have any food sensitivities. My sister dropped gluten, soy, meat and dairy and has slimmed down a lot. Just pay attention to your body and keep healthy goals in mind.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    You lost around 3.0 pounds a month in the 3 months you used MFP? Is that correct?

Two months is enough to establish you may be at a stall OR you may be eating more than you think.

Do you measure and weigh your food and log accurately... What about exercise.. etc..

Need more details about your situation to see what may be up!!! :):)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    When I stalled like this I said "enough is enough", I made sure I weighed EVERYTHING I put in my mouth. I even started weighing my oil. I brought my lunch to work. I took out some of the foods I was struggling to have moderation with. I readjusted my calorie goal and boom..plateau broken.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    See if this helps:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819925 The basics don't complicate it.
  • cuppykat
    cuppykat Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? And do you track absolutely everything you eat?

If your goal weight isn't too low for your height, maybe it's time to see a doctor or change up your routine if you haven't already. It might also help to just ask what you should be doing because, I don't know about you, but I'm somewhat confused. My BodyBugg armband says I burn over 2000 a day on days that I work. If I eat 1600 the four days that I work, that should eventually lead to a loss. And yet for almost a month I've failed to get under 148. You might just need to ask for some professional guidance but be careful about who you see because not all nutritionists/dietitians are created the same: http://www.dietitian.com/rds.html#2
  • kristinaljp10
    kristinaljp10 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    You lost around 3.0 pounds a month in the 3 months you used MFP? Is that correct?

Two months is enough to establish you may be at a stall OR you may be eating more than you think.

Do you measure and weigh your food and log accurately... What about exercise.. etc..

Need more details about your situation to see what may be up!!! :):)

I am a bit inconsistent in my measurement of food, so I will attempt to be more strict on this. Thanks for the tip!
    I usually track my runs through endomondo and I do not track my hiit workouts because I am not sure how much those burn so I'd rather not overestimate that.
  • kristinaljp10
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    When I stalled like this I said "enough is enough", I made sure I weighed EVERYTHING I put in my mouth. I even started weighing my oil. I brought my lunch to work. I took out some of the foods I was struggling to have moderation with. I readjusted my calorie goal and boom..plateau broken.
    I will try that, thanks!
  • kristinaljp10
    Options
    I am
    cuppykat wrote: »
    How tall are you? And do you track absolutely everything you eat?

If your goal weight isn't too low for your height, maybe it's time to see a doctor or change up your routine if you haven't already. It might also help to just ask what you should be doing because, I don't know about you, but I'm somewhat confused. My BodyBugg armband says I burn over 2000 a day on days that I work. If I eat 1600 the four days that I work, that should eventually lead to a loss. And yet for almost a month I've failed to get under 148. You might just need to ask for some professional guidance but be careful about who you see because not all nutritionists/dietitians are created the same: http://www.dietitian.com/rds.html#2

I am 5'3" goal weight is 125. I have scheduled an appointment with my primary to discuss perhaps they can direct me to a good dietician. Thanks!
  • arditarose
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I will try that, thanks!

Yep! I was already weighing most of my food but between buying lunch every day and taking extra licks of ice cream that didn't get logged. Nope. No loss.
  • jcoffeyJC82
    jcoffeyJC82 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have found that I have to weigh, measure and track...even those lucks and tastes, even if I blew the day because then I can see why I am not losing. Good luck!
  • arditarose
    Options
    I have found that I have to weigh, measure and track...even those lucks and tastes, even if I blew the day because then I can see why I am not losing. Good luck!

Yep. Data data data.
  • kristinaljp10
    Options
    My goal weight is 125. However when doing independent tdee calculations, they are all much higher than the mfp recommendation of 1200/day. Has anyone else had this happen and did you adjust the mfp intake? If so, did this break your plateau? I feel my calories may be too low, but I am afraid to go up and put the weight back on...

Yeah, went to eat at chili's for mothers day. I did not realize how calorie dense my food was, logged it anyway. Definitely blew it. Don't you hate seeing that red on your bar graph? lol
  • arditarose
    edited May 2015
    Options

My goal weight is 125. However when doing independent tdee calculations, they are all much higher than the mfp recommendation of 1200/day. Has anyone else had this happen and did you adjust the mfp intake? If so, did this break your plateau? I feel my calories may be too low, but I am afraid to go up and put the weight back on...

Yeah, went to eat at chili's for mothers day. I did not realize how calorie dense my food was, logged it anyway. Definitely blew it. Don't you hate seeing that red on your bar graph? lol

MFP uses the NEAT method, so it gives you a calorie deficit not including exercise. If you want to include your exercise and use the TDEE method, you can change your calorie setting in the app.