Want to know what you're eating

Options
Helloo! I just wanted to know if anyone can share what you've been eating to help lose weight or which diet plan you're following?

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'm just eating what I like but within my calorie goal.
    I cook everything from scratch but we go out for dinner and sometimes brunch on the weekend.
    I make fish or chicken, pork or beef and different veggies and salad.
    I make soups and stews in the winter.
    For breakfast we have eggs and wholewheat toast or oatmeal.
    We have all kinds of fruits, nuts, nut butters, chocolate and ice cream and Greek yogurt. I use olive oil in my cooking and salads.
    The key is portion control!
    Tonight I made salad and capellini with white clam sauce.
    I don't fry our food but we sometimes have fried calamari and stuff like that when we eat out-but not too much fried stuff.
    ETA-we do drink a reasonable amount of beer, wine etc.-usually on weekends but sometimes a glass with dinner if there's room.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'm just eating what I like but within my calorie goal.
    I cook everything from scratch but we go out for dinner and sometimes brunch on the weekend.
    I make fish or chicken, pork or beef and different veggies and salad.
    I make soups and stews in the winter.
    For breakfast we have eggs and wholewheat toast or oatmeal.
    We have all kinds of fruits, nuts, nut butters, chocolate and ice cream and Greek yogurt. I use olive oil in my cooking and salads.
    The key is portion control!
    Tonight I made salad and capellini with white clam sauce.
    I don't fry our food but we sometimes have fried calamari and stuff like that when we eat out-but not too much fried stuff.

Sounds like a very healthy and yummy diet!
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Tons and tons of fresh vegetables. Some fresh fruits. Lots of chicken, lean ground turkey, some salmon, some Dr. Praeger burgers. Eggs and egg whites scrambled with veggies almost every morning for breakfast. Some nuts for snacks. Few or no sweets. No alcohol whatsoever. Nonstick spray instead of butter or margarine but not all the time (ever tried to saute in non-stick spray?). Olive oil. Very few restaurant meals. All on smaller plates! Except for the salad, I use the most huge bowl in the house for those.
  • KatieLK14
    KatieLK14 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Pretty much just eating what I want, but always weighing/measuring everything and keeping it in my calorie goal. I personally really enjoy vegetables and fruits, so I definitely eat a lot of that. I'm a bit picky with meat so I'll have some chicken or occasionally beef. I eat a lot of eggs too ahah. I definitely let myself have treats (I have some form of dessert -- frozen yogurt, a couple dark chocolate dipped strawberries, a little serving of ice cream--- almost everyday...no shame!) For meals I go for stuff that I know will fill me up, so I won't be grabbing the cereal box 30 mins after eating dinner.
    I have a sensitive stomach so eating "healthy" -- (I KNOW nothing is inherently bad or good etc etc) is easy for me. As anything fried/greasy/overly sugary gives me wicked stomach issues.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    my diary is open.

food does not make you lose weight, calorie deficit does….
  • HadassahsMomma
    HadassahsMomma Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    When I am being realistic I try to eat 1,500 calories per day. I am 5'4 and 193 (started at 200).
    You can honestly eat whatever you want and lose weight....
    but I have been eating a lot of eggs, beans, smoothies (I use a meal replacement powder, frozen 1/2 banana, 1/4 c black beans and 1 cup skim milk..you can't taste the beans and it gives extra protein/fiber/richness).

I have a very tight budget so the next 2 weeks I will be eating more whole foods to save cash.

Soups are good. You can make potato soup, chicken soup..
  • rachael00679
    rachael00679 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I eat between 1200 and 1500 a day. My diary is open. I have not been at this long and I am still trying to sort out the macros but I try and do the best I can. I also eat on a budget and have to cook for my husband and my 2 children. We all eat the same thing more or less.