fatty liver?

Options
Chewitz
Chewitz Posts: 217 Member
Anyone else have this too or had it?

Anyone sorted it out through weight loss and a balanced diet?

Feeling low right now and thinking the worst case scenarios

thanks for reading

Replies

• runfoorun
    runfoorun Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    yes, I had that problem. I was pretty sick at my heaviest. Keep losing weight. If you have diabetic symptoms, work on fixing that too and it should take care of it
  • Chewitz
    Options
    Thank you :)

• 1HungryPumpkin
    1HungryPumpkin Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I was diagnosed with NASH about a year ago. I've been really struggling to lose the weight. I was motivated/scared at first, but then bad habits crept back up. I signed up for a half marathon for October to help motivate me. But now I'm feeling even more scared and overwhelmed. Ugh!
  • Chewitz
    Options
    Hi!
    I was diagnosed with NASH about a year ago. I've been really struggling to lose the weight. I was motivated/scared at first, but then bad habits crept back up. I signed up for a half marathon for October to help motivate me. But now I'm feeling even more scared and overwhelmed. Ugh!

Heya :)

Hugs to you

Would be great if you do the marathon. I think I would be nervous about doing it. Perhaps once you done it, it will help motivate you more :)
  • Aht7218
    Aht7218 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had that. It IS scary but sometimes gets better. My doc told me, based on my personal situation including family history, to eat a low fat (about 25-30% so not very low) diet and lose weight slowly. It resolved in about a year and a half and I have not lost anywhere near all the weight I need to lose. I think I'd lost about 20 lbs at that point. For sure do the marathon! Just for the sake of doing it and if nothing else you'll always be able to honestly tell people you did a marathon. :)
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Hi!

You know what Pumpkin?..don't do the marathon. Don't choose something that just adds to your stress. Do something you love, That you can see yourself doing long term. Even 1/2 hr walk per day just for the sake of time out would probably benefit you more in terms of health than stressing or pressure over a timeline you know? You meant well for yourself but don't be afraid to change it if the idea is not doing its job. And in terms of your condition, let better health/energy guide your choices not simply weight loss because doing so can lead to weight loss as a nice side effect.

Maybe when you've got the hang of it, you're feeling good, have nice adherence going and your energy is kick *kitten* you can look at the marathon for another year? All is not over if you don't do it this time. Just don't do nothing. A little something every day that is a positive step towards better health. It'll all add up.

Good luck.
  • Chewitz
    Options
    _SKIM_ wrote: »
    Hi!

You know what Pumpkin?..don't do the marathon. Don't choose something that just adds to your stress. Do something you love, That you can see yourself doing long term. Even 1/2 hr walk per day just for the sake of time out would probably benefit you more in terms of health than stressing or pressure over a timeline you know? You meant well for yourself but don't be afraid to change it if the idea is not doing its job. And in terms of your condition, let better health/energy guide your choices not simply weight loss because doing so can lead to weight loss as a nice side effect.

Maybe when you've got the hang of it, you're feeling good, have nice adherence going and your energy is kick *kitten* you can look at the marathon for another year? All is not over if you don't do it this time. Just don't do nothing. A little something every day that is a positive step towards better health. It'll all add up.

Good luck.

You have a really good point

It's much better to do something you love to do
  • Chewitz
    Options
    ahtinsa wrote: »
    I had that. It IS scary but sometimes gets better. My doc told me, based on my personal situation including family history, to eat a low fat (about 25-30% so not very low) diet and lose weight slowly. It resolved in about a year and a half and I have not lost anywhere near all the weight I need to lose. I think I'd lost about 20 lbs at that point. For sure do the marathon! Just for the sake of doing it and if nothing else you'll always be able to honestly tell people you did a marathon. :)

I think I need a trip to the doctors to ask about nutrition as I started a low carb diet and as a result my protein and fat content is higher... The low carb diet I started for pcos and thought it was better for fatty liver.. but seems this might not be the case