No Profile Photo??

Options
IamBrande
IamBrande Posts: 237
Why do some people not put up a profile photo???

I have friends with no faces, and I dont understand why people don't want to put a picture on there??

You are who you are, so show yourself (lol)

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I'm just a private person and don't need my face out there.
  • aclark6818
    aclark6818 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to add my face!! LOL I should ask my teenage daughter--she could do it!!
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I have some friends that do that too. A few of them have come out of their shell, others not so much. *shrugs*

To me it is what ever a person is comfortable posting, as well as what a person is comfortable adding to their friends list.

I must say I see a lot of beautiful people on my list, and watching them shrink is such an inspiration to me I don't know where I would be with out them. :heart:
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    From your home page click on "Your Profile" This takes you to view your page.

You will see a green button that says "EDIT PHOTOS" Click that. That takes you to your photo page.

On your photo page click "Browse" This allows you to browse your computer files for pictrues.

Once you find the picture you want to post click "Open" This brings you back to the photos page.

Now click the green button that says "UPLOAD PHOTO". Give it a minue to upload.

Once it lodas you will have an option then to add more, and choose which picture you want to use as your "Main Image".

I hope this helps. :flowerforyou:
  • Hartach
    Hartach Posts: 18
    Options
    That is not working. :( And I've seen that several others are having the same problem. I've also noticed that there is NO tech support people to e-mail.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I'm a visual person. While I easily forget usernames, I never forget a photo or a face! So I think everyone should have a photo. Even if it's not a photo of themselves... Something that represents them or their goals would be nice, and would help people like myself remember who you are. :smile: My 2 cents!
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    Some people are not comfortable putting up their personal info or picture up on the internet which i can understand.....but it is weird talking to someone or saying "hey great job" when all you see is that plain blue shirt and the round white head:)
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I'm just a private person and don't need my face out there.

Ditto.
    Although I do think this pic looks quite delicious lol.
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Although I do think this pic looks quite delicious lol.

I feel the same way about mine.
    There is a picture of me in my profile but it's old and I don't look like that anymore.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Some people are shy. There's nothing wrong with that. I'm drawn to shy people because I'm shy about 2% of the time so can totally relate.
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    i share too many personal things on this site. i want to maintain some anynomity so i keep my last name and face to myself. :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    That is not working. :( And I've seen that several others are having the same problem. I've also noticed that there is NO tech support people to e-mail.

Harache,

Your picture may be too big....or you may need to clear your cache, and reset your browser settings to their default settings. MFP argues with me sometimes on uploading pictures - it's always one of those two things.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    Cause they scared.
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I don't keep photos of myself.

I do take far too many photos of my cats, though. :D
  • ablueskier
    ablueskier Posts: 104
    Options
    At home I only have my iPad and you cannot upload photos to websites from an iPad. So it took me over a month to finally email myself a picture at work and then load it at work. So others could be having Apple induced problems :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Cause they scared.

yeah. They scared you will make a fuss and ask for body-shots :laugh:
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Some people just prefer to remain anonymous. The internet can be rather intrusive.

Doesn't bother me either way, most of us are strangers anyhow so what does it matter? You can get to know someone through words. Or some people dont even talk much....:laugh: Each to their own :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou:
  • _Bro
    _Bro Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Faces are for facebook?
    >8)

Don't know why, I just feel a bit odd about it - perhaps b/c of my previous/current profile pictures, lol
  • Allymoose
    Allymoose Posts: 4
    Options
    Same pblm as ablueskier, you can't upload photos with an iPad, which is a bit annoying!
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Because some of us aren't comfortable putting pictures of ourselves out there. I only put this one up because it's already on Facebook. Honestly, I don't understand why other people enjoy putting so many pictures of themselves out there. It's just a strange concept, to me, showing yourself off to a bunch of random strangers on the internet.