Any probs with cals from recipes not posting correctly?

Options
honey2two
honey2two Posts: 6 Member
When I create a recipe it will tally the serving size to say 158 calories, but when I log it, it will post 108 (whether I save and log it or even if I save and then go log it). I've had this happen with a half dozen recipes lately. Always logging way less calories than the correct total tallied was. Is there a fix for this?

Replies

• starryskies89
    starryskies89 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Yes this has been happening to me. I stopped using the recipe creator for several days, as of today it seems to be working again. (for me) Hopefully it was just a temporary bug.
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Yes I have had thus problem when creating recipes. I made a lot of finance stuff. Usually if I reopen it and save it again that fixes it.

I am still not able to use the 'save and log' button though. For that I make sure recipe had saved correctly, then go to my diary and add a serving from there in order for the correct calories to be logged.
  • dammitjanet0161
    dammitjanet0161 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    It's only happened to me when I've tried to use the recipe builder on the app. Now I ignore the app and only input recipes using the old recipe builder on the pc version.
  • LittleMissMissy6
    LittleMissMissy6 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yep its really annoying! I did find a way around it though. Enter your recipe and hit save. Go into mfp and edit the recipe. Change the serving size to anything (as long as its different to what it was). Save it. Then edit the recipe again by changing the serving size to the correct number you want and save.

It then saves as the correct cals :) Pain in the butt but at least it works that way!
  • honey2two
    Options
    Thanks, I thought I had found a fix of just going in and re saving it. That seems to be working for me, but I'll sure try the serving size change if the problem continues
  • honey2two
    Options
    Yes this has been happening to me. I stopped using the recipe creator for several days, as of today it seems to be working again. (for me) Hopefully it was just a temporary bug.

I think I've found a fix, if it happens to you again. Just create and save the recipe. Then go back into it and re-save it. Seems to have worked for me so far and a couple of other people posted this fix on my question. Hope it helps you