Losing muscle

Options
lia_1992
lia_1992 Posts: 47 Member
eating at a deficit I've lost weight but days gone up and lost muscle..help!

Replies

• Exegi_Corpus
    Exegi_Corpus Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Probably because you are always at maintenance that gets you into a plateau and in the end your body tries to protect more vital parts of your body because of lack of nutritions by finding whatever it can from all over your body. Could you be a little more specific so I can try to help?
  • lia_1992
    lia_1992 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I do yeah want to lose weight! But I want to lose fat rather than muscle... Maybe I should look at like macros rather than just calories?
  • RoToQ
    RoToQ Posts: 93 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Are you stimulating your muscle with resistance training?

To lose fat and maintain muscle the best formula is (the basics):

-small calorie deficit (250-500kcals/day deficit).
    -full body resistance training program
    -make sure you get the right macro balance, with adequate protein
  • jddnw
    jddnw Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    lia_1992 wrote: »
    I do yeah want to lose weight! But I want to lose fat rather than muscle... Maybe I should look at like macros rather than just calories?

Uhh...yeah.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    lia_1992 wrote: »

If you do NOT want to loose muscle you need weight training. You can maintain your muscle mass while trying to loose weight.. You will not gain muscle (minimally) but you can save them if you work them...LOL
    Probably because you are always at maintenance that gets you into a plateau and in the end your body tries to protect more vital parts of your body because of lack of nutritions by finding whatever it can from all over your body. Could you be a little more specific so I can try to help?

And this... do not pay attention to the above in quotes.
  • safianat
    safianat Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    What about increasing protein in your diet? Protein bars or shakes?
  • AshleyBroughton
    AshleyBroughton Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    more fat intake and protien you can build muscle withought carbs