58lbs down 150+ to go, I am in search of friends (no exceptions, no exclusions)

Options
Hi, Tom here :)

I could really use some more friends on here.. I started losing weight in a semi moderated plan (no counting or portion control but general healthy intake) in January, joined a Gym in early March and have been pushing hard since on MFP since April.

I am a 30 yr old former college football player so gyms are not foriegn nor are eating plans.. 410 was my start weight.. down from a all time high of 430 I am now in the 350s.. I have got a almost month streak for my logging.. I have a Jawbone step counter / sleep monitor, a scale for bodyweight that spits out %fat, %water, weight of bones, muscle %.. a food scale, I minorly supplement, and I focus on carb reduction.. I do not eat back my step calories nor my exercise.. I am all in.

I am now at the point where community would really benefit me in finding more external inspiration and making this a lighter experience (puns are fun) rather than simply a discipline.. the cloud I came in on is dwindling the more people in my life notice that I have made any progress. For some reason this experience makes my effor less not more.

My energy and my motivation is still there overall but I have hit my first wall.. I found myself reading my one active user friends feed.. it was nice to see, really inspirational but lonely to see only her info.. it came to me to find more.. i saw another persons post and she did not want any males as friends.. I had to do my own post..

I Would Love To have some more people of any gender or any anything to become inspired by.. I love this app, this community, the vibe is wonderful and supportive..

I am so scared of losing my inspiration and drive.

I would really appreciate your friendship and hope you are having a great time with your journey!

Replies

• chargrl
    chargrl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats Tom!! I have lost 11 pounds since my weight loss journey started. Some days I'm ready to give up and other days I'm pumped up and ready to go. I could use some positive feeds coming to my phone. Let's be friends!!
  • susanlu01
    susanlu01 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great job Tom keep it up you will get to your goal weight!
  • Cowboyzfan82288
    Cowboyzfan82288 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hey Tom, congratulations on your success! Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • nickyaerobones
    nickyaerobones Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well done ! Add me too.
  • angela_eva13
    angela_eva13 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Tom! Good luck and feel free to add me.
  • Angel_Grove_
    Angel_Grove_ Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the loss and good luck on the journey ahead! I'm a little over 20lbs down from my all time (non-pregnant) high of 195. Still 20-30 to go, depending how I look/feel when I get there. I added you :-)
  • kyladee50
    kyladee50 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you Tom. Congrats on the loss. I know what you mean by not wanting to lose the inspiration or drive to keep it going. I'm on a plan that requires 50 grams of carbs. High protein. It's great really but my weight loss is slow. 4 pounds only gone after 2 weeks. I wish it had been more. My problem is not the diet but excercise motivation. Seeing stories from others on their personal struggles helps. Add me if you would like.
  • Lanie2012
    Lanie2012 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for add's on here, feel free to add me too! Anyone really. :smile:
  • ale_garc
    ale_garc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Oh wow congratulations.
  • Yeah_its_Laura
    Yeah_its_Laura Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great job, Tom! I started back in October and I'm down about 35lbs (and 3 sizes!), with another 30 to go. I've logged everything I eat, even a cough drop, for the past 220+ days. Anyone looking for friends, feel free to add me. I share my diary, too. Even when I have cheat days!
  • Hey_Its_That_One_Guy
    Hey_Its_That_One_Guy Posts: 21,763 Member
    Options
    Awesome job man. Feel free to add me.
  • gking78
    gking78 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This is wonderful! :smile: kudos To you. Keep up the good work. I just started 3 day ago and love. Looking to lose 10 lb and tone.
  • sandersonbizcom
    sandersonbizcom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    great job, I am down 20 pounds and looking to loose another 50. feel free to add me
  • LeonieWhitehead
    LeonieWhitehead Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wow! Well done on your weightloss so far :) I'm currently one week in to my journey and have a lot to lose starting at 304 pounds. Let's keep each other motivated!
  • thomasvega_tv
    thomasvega_tv Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Great job, Tom! I started back in October and I'm down about 35lbs (and 3 sizes!), with another 30 to go. I've logged everything I eat, even a cough drop, for the past 220+ days. Anyone looking for friends, feel free to add me. I share my diary, too. Even when I have cheat days!

AWESOME

• thomasvega_tv
    Options
    Wow! Well done on your weightloss so far :) I'm currently one week in to my journey and have a lot to lose starting at 304 pounds. Let's keep each other motivated!

ABSOLUTELY

• thomasvega_tv
    Options
    chargrl wrote: »
    Congrats Tom!! I have lost 11 pounds since my weight loss journey started. Some days I'm ready to give up and other days I'm pumped up and ready to go. I could use some positive feeds coming to my phone. Let's be friends!!

:smile:
  • thomasvega_tv
    Options
    Update:

I have dropped another 6 pounds... 64 down... Start weight was 410... Current Weight is 346 @ last weigh in ..190 - 185 is goal...

Began to walk to work.. averaging 7+ miles per day in steps and growing... this past week my average was 10900 steps per day.. plus occasional gym cardio

I have NOT been doing enough strength training.. I am not ok with this.. I am affraid that my repaired shoulder wont take to it well.. really dont want a set back.

I know I will have to lift eventually.. I should pray for the willingness to take this next challange on....... :smiley:

• Dorothy427
    Dorothy427 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, Tom here :)

I could really use some more friends on here.. I started losing weight in a semi moderated plan (no counting or portion control but general healthy intake) in January, joined a Gym in early March and have been pushing hard since on MFP since April.

I am a 30 yr old former college football player so gyms are not foriegn nor are eating plans.. 410 was my start weight.. down from a all time high of 430 I am now in the 350s.. I have got a almost month streak for my logging.. I have a Jawbone step counter / sleep monitor, a scale for bodyweight that spits out %fat, %water, weight of bones, muscle %.. a food scale, I minorly supplement, and I focus on carb reduction.. I do not eat back my step calories nor my exercise.. I am all in.

I am now at the point where community would really benefit me in finding more external inspiration and making this a lighter experience (puns are fun) rather than simply a discipline.. the cloud I came in on is dwindling the more people in my life notice that I have made any progress. For some reason this experience makes my effor less not more.

My energy and my motivation is still there overall but I have hit my first wall.. I found myself reading my one active user friends feed.. it was nice to see, really inspirational but lonely to see only her info.. it came to me to find more.. i saw another persons post and she did not want any males as friends.. I had to do my own post..

I Would Love To have some more people of any gender or any anything to become inspired by.. I love this app, this community, the vibe is wonderful and supportive..

I am so scared of losing my inspiration and drive.

I would really appreciate your friendship and hope you are having a great time with your journey!

• Dorothy427
    Dorothy427 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Way to go stick with it.