why do you want to lose weight?

Options
chrisssam
chrisssam Posts: 106 Member
the reason why I want to lose weight is to get more healthier. eat healthier. Feel better about myself. and and be there for my kids and my grandkids when I get much older.so let me know why want to lose weight or get healthier?

Replies

• cassandrag93
    cassandrag93 Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I have struggled with my weight most my life. I have many reasons to why I am on my new life journey, I guess the main reason I want to lose weight is so I can be happy with how I look like (body wise.) I feel like losing weight will help me achieve that. I also want to be healthy, strong, and lean. being able to keep up with my kids whenever I do have them one day keeps me motivated as well.

:) thanks for reminding me why I am pushing myself everyday!
  • qqsha
    qqsha Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Cosplay. I want to cosplay different characters and not feel so self-conscious about myself body wise. Also, I need to practice on gaining self-confidence, which I am working on just as slow and steady as I am loosing weight. And to buy bras that aren't $50 each (cup size F).

They are selfish reasons, but I do have non-selfish reasons to. Most of which revolve around making sure I don't become a diabetic (diabetes runs in my family--my mom's side at least). I want to loose weight and stay healthy by staying a healthy weight once I reach it. And to be able to go hiking long distances. I would love to do that one day.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    1. I'm tired of shopping in the "plus size" section.
    2. I want to wear tank tops again like I did everyday in college and not have to look at my flabby arms.
    3. I don't want to have to take medication for diabetes.
    4. I don't want my stomach to be bigger than my boobs.
    5. I don't want to have to add 30 pounds of weights to get me to sink when I go scuba diving.
    6. I'm tired of being the largest person in the holiday family photos.
    7. I'm tired of being tired.

I want to have a spring in my step and stop looking for the next place where I can sit down and rest.
  • moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    To look attractive!
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    qqsha wrote: »
    Cosplay. I want to cosplay different characters and not feel so self-conscious about myself body wise. Also, I need to practice on gaining self-confidence, which I am working on just as slow and steady as I am loosing weight. And to buy bras that aren't $50 each (cup size F).

And here was me thinking I'd be the first person to say cosplay XD I want to cosplay whoever I want without having people tell me I should kill myself because I've offended their eyes so much.

And do bras change price with size in America? I'm sure all bras I've ever looked at were priced by style. Though I don't tend to look at price much, all the bras I bought at size F (now DD) were about £5.
  • jingerbird
    jingerbird Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    1. I want to kick diabetes once and for all
    2. I want to feel good about myself
    3. I want to be healthy and happy
    4. I want to extend my life
    5. I want to have lots of energy
    6. I want to look normal and not be stared at for being obese
  • loribethrice
    loribethrice Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    To be thin. I really have no other reason to be honest. I just want to look at myself in the mirror and not see fat, which even after a 70lb weight loss and being in the 130s at 5'9 I still constantly see.
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I don't feel at home in this body. I am a thin person with a fat suit on and I want to take it off now.
  • NJbabe
    NJbabe Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Nice thread. ;)

1. I don't want to be diagnosed with diabetes.

2. My husband and I are both carriers for an incurable disease that leads to a fatal end. And although we don't have any symptoms ourselves, it's not advisable for us to conceive naturally. So we're going to do an IVF. I need to have an ideal BMI during my egg retrieval, IVF and pregnancy.

3. I have an entire closet with great clothes in sizes 6-10. I'd like to be able to fit in them again.

4. I'll be going on a 14-day dream vacation to Hawaii in the summer of 2016. I plan on doing a lot of fun things. And I'd like to have the energy for it and look good while taking pictures of memorable events.

5. I'd like to be able to shop for clothing at a wide variety of stores. I have a fairly nice budget and it would be nice to be able to use it anywhere my heart desires.

6. No more wide calf boots!

7. I used to LOVE getting my picture taken. I'm still "ok" with it... sometimes.

8. I'd be able to get a nice cutout swimsuit.

9. My in-laws were really mean in regards to my weight... back when I was a size 10/12. :(
    I'd like to see their jaws drop when I go back down to a size 6.

10. My hair and nails look much better when I eat healthy.

11. I'd be able to dress up in sexy costumes on Halloween. Ha! :)

12. More sex positions with the husband... LOL.
  • CockneyLady2014
    CockneyLady2014 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I've had "weight" problem all my life according to my mum. However it wasn't really a problem until 1998 and then I was constantly on a diet. I then reached 16 stone in 2009 and I decided i really had to do something. I got down to 15st 8lbs by February 2010 then by September the same year I lost 2st 2lbs. I then stayed the same until I joined MFP almost 4 weeks ago. I have not gained in that time and I have lost which is amazing. I want to be more mobile and not get tired walking around. I want to be healthier and fitter. I want to feel good. I also want to be able to buy my clothes in ordinary shops and have a choice not just what fits me.
  • TehBuggers
    TehBuggers Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    For me it's not about losing weight. I've never considered myself overweight, I'm always in the "normal" range. (Though sure I look in the mirror sometimes and notice every extra pound, but I think all girls do that sometimes) For me it's about being fit and healthy and strong.

I want to be healthy and active for my future self. I have a severe degenerative spinal condition. I'm 25 and will probably be in a wheelchair on daily medication before I'm 30. I want to run and play sports and go mountain climbing as much as I can before that happens. I want to do all the physical things I want to do while I still can. It hurts, and I'm in constant pain, but if I can fight through this it'll make me tougher. I don't want to wake up one day, unable to get out of bed on my own, and have all those regrets.

And I want to be fit and strong for my future kids. When I was little, there was always something so reassuring and safe about being around my dad when I was scared. My mom's a tough woman, and I look up to her, but there was just something about having Dad there. I'm a lesbian, and so my future kids won't have a father. I know this sounds silly, but I worry than I won't be able to make them feel as safe as I used to feel in my father's strong arms. I want to be strong and tough and fit so there's never a doubt in my children's minds that I can beat up the monsters under their beds.
  • punkyVe
    punkyVe Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Overall to feel like my strong bada*s self.
    health, for my kids and vanity has lil something to do with it ;)
  • NID2410
    NID2410 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Many reasons:
    -To keep myself fit and healthy. PCOS has brought with itself many not so pleasant side effects. I specially want to get rid of that tummy bulge and occasional PMS mood swings.
    -Not to be tired even after a long day at work
    -To be able to go hiking
    -And of course look really, really good :smile:
  • NID2410
    NID2410 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    NJbabe wrote: »
    Nice thread. ;)

9. My in-laws were really mean in regards to my weight... back when I was a size 10/12. :(
    I'd like to see their jaws drop when I go back down to a size 6.

This. So much.
  • TheSunshineQueen
    TheSunshineQueen Posts: 276 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    - To look in the mirror and actually like why I see.
    - To be healthy. No more sleep problems, no more back/knee pain, no more digestion issues, etc.
    - To look HOT. I want to be able to go outside in sweats and still feel sexy.
    - To be able to take my clothes off in front of someone without wanting to die of mortification.
    - To be fit, fit, fit. What's that, the elevator is broken and I have to climb eight flights of stairs? Okay, no prob!
    - No more excessive sweating! I hate so much that just climbing a flight of stairs makes me all sweaty and gross. It's super embarassing!
    - To have loads of energy. Honestly, I feel like I even wake up tired these days. By 6PM I'm wiped out.
    - To be able to dine out and eat whatever I want without feeling like I'm being judged for my food choices.
    - To shop! Oh man, I want to do so much shopping and amass tons and tons of cute clothes! No more being restricted to plus-sized stores with lackluster clothing selections, no more having to feel awkward being the only one unable to shop in "regular" stores, no more agonizing in changing rooms because I can't fit into anything, etc.
    - To be able to wear heels.
    - To love taking pictures again. Nowadays, the fastest way to get me running is to whip out a camera.
    - To be able to go on rollercoasters again.
    - To take up one seat on a bus (and still have a little room to spare).
    - To set an example for the rest of my family.
    - To prove to myself that I'm capable of anything.
  • snotnosedpunk
    snotnosedpunk Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    For me I want my body to be fully functioning when I become an Elder. I want to be more active without damaging my body due to carrying extra weight I don't need. I also don't want to have diabetes like my father.

Thanks for making this thread to share. I really enjoyed reading everyone else's reasons for making positive choices ^^
  • s_y8s
    s_y8s Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I want more confidence, I want to feel better and we're trying to get pregnant. I want to overcome PCOS!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    2 reasons.
    Aesthetics: I’d just like to be a little thinner.
    Health: Although I’ve never had any health problems, I worry that I’m pushing the envelope by carry these extra lbs.
  • chrisssam
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Thats great everyone... Everyone has a reason whatever the reason may be... It's your reason... Now what are you going to do about it? If you have not started anything yet.. Make today the day you start. And look by the post on this app there are a lot of people wanting you to succeed in your weight loss journey
  • chrisssam
    edited May 2015
    Options
    :)