The struggle Is real

so it's been a few weeks now I fell off the wagon I feel so hard off the wagon that I ate a bunch of cookies I did happen to eat salad once a stirfry I was not counting calories I just left and I was supposed to so here we are again back at it counting calories this is day one I have been taking a tablespoon of honey with cinnamon powder that supposedly going to help me to lose weight a lot faster going to check my weight today and see how much I have gained last time I checked I was at 170 lbs

Replies

• kp130
    kp130 Posts: 23 Member
    You are right! today is day one!! Which means you get to start over!! You got this! take action and don't look back! Sending you a friend request!
  • SuperMelanie
    SuperMelanie Posts: 70 Member
    Honey and/ or maple syrup with cinnamon/ chilli/ cayenne are not miracle cures and are not proven to help you lose weight.

The only way is to lose weight safely - and more importantly, maintain it afterwards- is to be truthful about what you are consuming and compare it to how much your body actually needs. Too many calories eaten compared to how much your body needs for exercise or just to keep it functioning will mean you'll gain weight.

Like you, I LOVE cookies :) I bake a lot for friends and family, so temptation is always there. With MFP you don't have to stop eating them, just monitor how many you have and adjust the rest of your diet accordingly. For me, this is a long-term plan and if that doesn't include cupcakes, cookies and ice-cream, I don't want to know!

I started MFP about 8 weeks ago and so far have lost 11kg- that's about 24lb.
    Your starting weight is the weight I am now, so you've already got a bit of a headstart! If you need a buddy, get in touch. We can do this together :)