Busy day and no dinner! Eep!

Options
Thiatereika
Thiatereika Posts: 6 Member
edited May 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Today I have a very busy schedule and won't get home till late. I won't even have time for dinner unless I want to sleep with a full belly! Baaad! So any suggestions on snacks to grab on the go would be appreciative!

Breakfast and lunch won't be a problem. Plus I already grabbed a banana, and a snack sized bag of walnuts and almonds for right after work.

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Why is it bad for you to go to bed just after a meal?
    Unless it causes poor sleep or acid reflux (for example) there's no reason to skip your dinner.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Unless you have sleeping issues going to bed on a full stomach, there's nothing wrong with eating dinner late. I regularly ate dinner after 9 PM three nights a week for the past four months.
  • ArvinSloane
    ArvinSloane Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Are you avoiding sleeping with a full stomach because it negatively affects your sleep?

If it's because you've heard that eating right before bed will somehow negate your weight loss efforts, that's a complete myth. Eat!
  • sweetd6
    sweetd6 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you have time now, but you could have packed a healthy sandwich, or a couple of hard boiled eggs and/or cheese sticks, something with protein. I know I hate the bloated, yucky feeling I get when I go to bed with a full stomach too.
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    If it was me, i'd just quickly grab something after work.
    Subway Sandwich......something like that.
    I hate being hungry, so i doubt i could even wait until i got home to eat.
  • fry5150
    fry5150 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I always keep a stash of different types of protein or zone bars in my desk so I can grab one depending on my needs for the day.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Today I have a very busy schedule and won't get home till late. I won't even have time for dinner unless I want to sleep with a full belly! Baaad! So any suggestions on snacks to grab on the go would be appreciative!

Breakfast and lunch won't be a problem. Plus I already grabbed a banana, and a snack sized bag of walnuts and almonds for right after work.

I'm not sure what you are looking for. Do you have time to buy food?
    If you already have a banana and nuts what else do you need? Giving a number of calories might help.
    Yogurt
    Sandwich
    Granola bar
    Salad
    Peanut butter crackers
    Cheese
    Popcorn
    Pre-cut vegetables
    Cereal
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i prefer to sleep on a full tummy

have a bowl of cereal or something

of, if youre not hungry, skip dinner
  • abetterluke
    abetterluke Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Sleeping on a full stomach is fine.

My son does little league and on Monday's we don't really have time to cook so we usually just grab subway. I'm not a huge subway fan but it's not terrible and it's at least moderately healthy.