Favorite regular meals

Options
13»

Replies

• marciemartin1
    marciemartin1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is 1 egg & 2 egg white omelette with mushrooms, peppers, onions and sharp cheddar cheese. Along with this I will have instant oatmeal.

Lunch is usually a salad. Chicken, apple pecan with mixed greens is my favorite. Bolthouse Raspberry vinaigrette for the dressing.

For dinner 4 oz beef tenderloin with steamed broccoli, mushrooms and a small baked potato.
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - (not favorite, but almost everyday) - half english muffin, egg white, half slice white cheddar cheese
    Lunch - Trader Joe's turkey stuffed peppers
    Dinner - Surin of Thailand super crunch sushi combo (snow crab roll & smoked salmon roll) YUM
  • amillenium
    amillenium Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love frittatas and I can happily eat them 2 meals a day! I make mine with two cups of egg whites and 4 eggs and do different varieties of veggies. I cut it into 4 servings.
    My faves are:
    spinach and caramelized onion
    broccoli with a little cheddar
    zucchini, peppers, shallots

Dinner I try to stick to a lighter portion of what I make for my kids.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    amillenium wrote: »
    I absolutely love frittatas and I can happily eat them 2 meals a day! I make mine with two cups of egg whites and 4 eggs and do different varieties of veggies. I cut it into 4 servings.
    My faves are:
    spinach and caramelized onion
    broccoli with a little cheddar
    zucchini, peppers, shallots

I love to eat them too - but just once a day ;) - I'm loving bacon and cabbage mix right now for only 140 calories per 1/4.

For lunches I make sure I have a few different kinds of soup, stew, chili, stuffed pepper, vegetable/meatballs etc frozen into servings so I can either take leftovers, a salad, or grab something from the freezer.

Dinner is such a variety, but if it's not from the freezer, my favorite is probably all kinds of noodled vegetables in a variety of ways - Mexican, Asian, Thai peanut, Italian, Indian, etc.

• HealthyHappyKyla
    HealthyHappyKyla Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Whole wheat english muffin, 1 egg, & a chipotle laughing cow wedge, and turkey bacon. A super tasty breakfast sandwich :)

Lunch: healthy pizza: low carb pita, pizza sauce, turkey peperoni, cheese, veggies or a salad

Dinner: salad with either ceaser, honeymustard, or ranch. Usually loaded with veggies but every now and then I'll add some chicken.
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: 4 whole eggs scrambled, english muffin w/ peanut butter.

Lunch: 93/7 ground turkey, rice , and black beans w/ hot sauce

Dinner: it's a crap shoot since but I usually find myself ending my day with a bowl of cereal and protein powder...

• _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Way too hard to pick just one...

Breakfast would either be:
    1. 2 packets of Great Value Sugar Free Brown Sugar & Maple Instant Oatmeal + Water + 12 g chocolate PB2 + 25 g blueberries + Walden Farms Pancake Syrup
    2. Protein waffles made with 53 g Kodiak Power Cakes pancake/waffle mix + 15 g Cellucor protein (any flavor) + 1 packet Stevia + 1 egg + 50 g cottage cheese...topped with spray butter + whipped peanut butter + Walden Farms Pancake Syrup + chocolate chips (if my macros allow) + cinnamon.

Lunch would be:
    Spinach/Chicken/Berry Salad - 1 oz baby spinach + 2 oz shredded chicken + 50 g each of blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries + 1 oz fat free feta cheese + 10 g roasted slivered almonds + lemon juice

Dinner would either be:
    1. Homemade chili + serving of Ritz crackers + Greek yogurt and shredded cheese (if my macros allow)
    2. Tacos - ground beef, crockpot salsa chicken, or steak + yellow rice + refried beans + spinach + shredded cheese + salsa + Greek yogurt + tortilla
    3. Zesty Italian Chicken Pasta - 1 lb chicken + 1 package reduced fat cream cheese + 2 cans cream of chicken soup + reduced sodium chicken broth, cooked in the crock pot and mixed in with rotini pasta

Don't even get me started on snacks and dessert...
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    ^ No, I'd love to hear the snacks and dessert ideas please.
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I have to be low fodmap diet for stomach issues so there is a lot I can't have. My fave go to dinner is chicken breast stir fried with tamari/soy sauce and tons of zucchini, spinach, peppers, and a bit of rice or quinoa mixed right in.

My other fave is homemade salmon patties from canned salmon, tons of green onion, fresh parsley, fresh thyme, and an egg. Serve with lemon, and side of veggies and some quinoa normally.
  • sarahcita160
    sarahcita160 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This sounds great! I just started on a fodmaps plan today, and this post gives me hope! Thanks! :)
  • kxforg
    kxforg Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My current favorites are homemade ground turkey fajitas or I cut the caloriesswitching the tortilla for a lettuce wrap for lunch or dinner.

On veggie night we do "stuffed" portabella mushrooms with any mix of veggies and the occasional piece of bacon bits, but it's very low calorie and easy to vary.

Next is a yummy lime marinated flank steak. It takes about 10 minutes to get the marinade together, add the flank steak, marinade for 4 to 24 hours, longer is better, then only about 8 minutes to cook.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Lately, my limited gut-friendly menu is

Breakfast: Eggs, white toast, bit of butter, a teensy bit of coffee in milk

Lunch: Grilled chicken or beef or pork and white rice. Maybe a small portion of cucumber, tomato, or steamed green beans or asparagus, if I'm up to veg.

Dinner: Same as lunch, or diner burgers and rice. Same deal re veg.

Alternatives and/or snacks:
    - Boiled potatoes and a bit of butter
    - Bananas
    - Raspberries
    - Avocados
    - Digestive cookies and milk
  • rachael00679
    rachael00679 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Its winter here. Pumpkin soup in any form is lovely with crusty bread roll.
    I love a greek salad with or without feta but it must have olives (they are my weakness), balsamic dressing with some sort of meat to go with it.
    Fav breaky at the moment is english muffins with mashed avocado, thin ham slices, tomato slices and a soft boiled egg.
    I love a good souvlaki with salad and garlic dressing. One meal I will be making this weekend (but dont eat often because of the calories) is meatball sub - crusty roll, 4-5 meatballs, marinara sauce all over, cheese melted on top and a thin layer of mayo on the roll :smile:
  • amoynoodle
    amoynoodle Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I actually keep my lunch and dinner pretty similar most days, but will always vary up my breakfast and snacks to keep me interested!! soooo...

my favourite breakfast at the moment is Protien Porridge with butter (honestly try it!!)
    40g oats,
    1 scoop chocolate protein,
    2 tbsps PB2
    10g of grass fed yummy butter.
    SOOOOO good. and so SO filling. With my protien powder this is a 375 cal meal.

Lunch pretty much every day is a salad with 150g of chicken, tuna or salmon. I load it up with some avocado, beetroot etc to get it a bit more substantial and I always just dress with olive oil to get my fats in. My salads are usually between 350-400cals per meal.

Dinner pretty much every night is just a *kitten* load of roast veggies (we actually grill ours every night on our BBQ in some foil - cooked in about 15-20 mins and YUMMO) with 150-200g of well seasoned grilled chicken, salmon or tuna steak. At weekends we will go crazy and have a steak! ;D haha.

Sounds like my diet is pretty boring, but i really do vary up my snacks wildly, so i never get bored! ;) OP (girlviernes) youre already my friend on here, but anyone else feel free to add me for snack inspiration! ;D
  • ArvinSloane
    ArvinSloane Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is pretty much the same every day. I mix it up a little for lunch and a lot for dinner...here are my current favorites:

Breakfast: overnight oats
    40g rolled oats
    55g Greek yogurt
    13g vanilla bean Trutein powder
    1/2c unsweetened almond milk
    1/4tsp vanilla extract
    Then I add whatever I want in the morning. Some awesome combinations include cocoa powder/honey/bananas/raspberries or plums/pineapples/cinnamon/maple syrup.

Lunch: awesome salad or wrap
    Right now I'm obsessed with my salad of arugula, peaches or nectarines, roasted beets, gorgonzola, pecans, shredded chicken breast, balsamic, olive oil, and lemon juice.

Dinner: whatever I feel like cooking
    A recent hit was baked sweet potatoes stuffed with spicy roasted chickpeas, goat cheese, and cilantro.

Yummmmm, I could talk about delicious flavor combos all day. I love food!

• likehlikeo
    likehlikeo Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    breakfast: Sugarfree Oatpops with skimmed soymilk
    lunch: (unfortunately) Ramen, but it's quick and I love it too much to give it up. The sodium can kiss my *BEEEEP*
    dinner: Broccoli with tofu and fresh tomato. YYUMMM.

Snack: Mango and Brazil Nuts
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    likehlikeo wrote: »
    breakfast: Sugarfree Oatpops with skimmed soymilk
    lunch: (unfortunately) Ramen, but it's quick and I love it too much to give it up. The sodium can kiss my *BEEEEP*
    dinner: Broccoli with tofu and fresh tomato. YYUMMM.

Snack: Mango and Brazil Nuts

I like ramen + some added veggies like broccoli, onion, kale.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter what meal it is, my favorite thing to eat is homemade bread with good quality butter/cheese.
  • MelissaLsmith93
    MelissaLsmith93 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Favourite Breakfast: Smoked salmon whole wheat bagel or fruit salad with a Greek yoghurt.
    Favourite lunch: fish mostly basa fillets with mixed vegetables or tagliatelle depending on how carb rich my breakfast is.
    Favourite dinner spring vegetable soup.
    I eat a lot of fish in my diet.