How old is too old to wear a bikini?

Options

Replies

• littttlelaurra
    littttlelaurra Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    oh heck since the fashion police deem woman over 60 to old for a swimsuit
    I guess when I turn 60 I will just have to go skinny dip or chunky dunk nude
    so those of you out there in 20 yrs better hope I am as fit as Rilea or you will have to
    look out your back windows at a naked shriveled saggy wrinkled waddling prune!
    I will swim lol bathingsuit or not! haha
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    You're never too old for anything! :wink:

Really! What exactly is "too old"? And........how about "too young"..............LOL!
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    This makes no sense...
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    When my mom goes to Greece every summer, she always brings her bikinis, she has no other type of bathing suit. She and her sister go to the beach everyday wearing their bikinis and always get compliments or at the very least, no complaints, lol. Oh , did I mention that they are 70 and 73 respectively and both look amazing in them ?

I :heart: this. I grew up in South Florida, and there are many women over 60 who wear bikinis. Heck, I live in Washington State now, and I go to a beach near here. There is a gentleman who is 75 if he's a day, who JOGS down the beach every day in a banana hammock. He rocks it. Seriously - if we are all lucky enough to live that long, I say wear it.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    so those of you out there in 20 yrs better hope I am as fit as Rilea or you will have to

Thanks for the compliment!!!! ;-) PS: I have on my skinny jeans and boots TODAY!!
  • deb_rn
    deb_rn Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I love my knee high boots. Can't say that I personally will ever wear a "bikini" again, but I darned sure will wear a 2 piece suit if 30 Day Shred works for me! :happy:
  • pragya728
    pragya728 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Can someone please explain to me that why shouldn't older women have long hair? I have heard this many times but never understood why? I think it's stupid that they can't have long hair. But maybe I am missing something?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... I think it's funny that at my advanced age, I can't wear a miniskirt, but I can bare so much more of my body in a bikini for years to come.

Generally speaking, I always thought if you wore a trend the first time around, it's best to avoid it the second time. Then I saw how good I looked in skinny jeans. :laugh: Now I say, if you feel good in it, wear it with pride.

(This message is brought to you by a nearly 39 year old in a Michael Jackson t-shirt, getting ready to tease her hair and get into a frilly dress for an 80s Prom Party.)
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Can someone please explain to me that why shouldn't older women have long hair? I have heard this many times but never understood why? I think it's stupid that they can't have long hair. But maybe I am missing something?

Beats me! I used to hear that it made your features look 'too hard' Personally I think it depends on your hair and lifestyle.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options

Absolutely right!!!! Look at how hot helen mirin was at 62...if you got it flaunt it. Rock it out and show the world how hot you are:happy:
  • JulyHummingbird
    JulyHummingbird Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You mean I've lost all this weight for nothing? Damn!
  • pragya728
    pragya728 Posts: 250 Member
    Options

Beats me! I used to hear that it made your features look 'too hard' Personally I think it depends on your hair and lifestyle.

Yeah that's what I think. If a woman has beautiful hair I think she should cut it unless she wants to. Some of these "too old" things are so stupid. A person should be able to do what they want to.
  • lisabel87
    lisabel87 Posts: 152
    Options
    If you're comfortable with yourself I don't think it matters what age. As long as nothing is hanging out!
  • peteyTwang
    peteyTwang Posts: 250
    Options
    Can I still wear my thong?
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Most people think I am 5-10 years younger than my actual age, do I go by my real age or my perceived age?
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Can I still wear my thong?

yes.
  • Dawntodusk
    Dawntodusk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I think that fabric quality and style is what matters as you age. The better the fabric, the better the look. When you're over 35 or 40, you shouldn't buy cheap (inexpensive) clothing meant for teens. Buy good brands, classic lines, expensive fabrics that will last. Be classy - and then you can get away with (almost) anything.
  • glamourenamored
    Options

Absolutely right!!!! Look at how hot helen mirin was at 62...if you got it flaunt it. Rock it out and show the world how hot you are:happy:

That is exactly what I thought! She is in her 60s, rocking a bikini and looking waaay better than some women half her age!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options

Thanks for the compliment!!!! ;-) PS: I have on my skinny jeans and boots TODAY!!

.....and apparently - Chaps!! Yeah, baby, work it.
  • NobodyKnows
    NobodyKnows Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Please don't post this story at my gym. I don't want the ladies in the Aqua Zumba class participating in the nude. :sad: