Help!

Options
I'm 5'2 and my weight is 208 pounds. O have short legs and not a very long torso. So ot all seems like it piles. But i have works out for months and lost like 3 pounds... And stopped. Then I downloaded this and been on it for 14 days and lost 4 pounds and a few before that. And now nothing is happening. And my weight is again going back up and back down. I hate that I get down so easily. But why does it do that? Is there a way I can help that...? Help!

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    How long has it been since you stopped losing weight? When you say it's going up and down, over what period of time is that (days, weeks)? Do you weigh everything you eat? If you do exercise, do you eat back your exercise calories? Can you open your diary?
  • Chewitz
    Chewitz Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Heya :)

Have you been weighing your food and logging accurately?

4 lb in 14 days is great so congrats with that

The fluctuations could be water retention maybe

And weight loss isn't linear so like some weeks you may not lose anything but other weeks you may lose more than usual
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    finch224 wrote: »
    I'm 5'2 and my weight is 208 pounds. O have short legs and not a very long torso. So ot all seems like it piles. But i have works out for months and lost like 3 pounds... And stopped. Then I downloaded this and been on it for 14 days and lost 4 pounds and a few before that. And now nothing is happening. And my weight is again going back up and back down. I hate that I get down so easily. But why does it do that? Is there a way I can help that...? Help!

so in 2 weeks you've lost 4lbs - excellent

what do you mean nothing is happening now? how long for?

Weight loss is not linear - it goes up / down and all around all the time (I'm up 4lbs on the beginning of the week, it's not fat.. it's water due to my being due on in a few days, eating a shed load of sodium and DOMs from working out) .. you need to be patient and judge over 6-8 weeks your average weight loss

• kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I have been on MFP for just over 3 months now and I have lost and gained and lost and gained several times a week since I started. I know my logging is accurate so when I gain I know its not fat and the whole aim of this is fat loss. what you see on the scale is not the most important thing (although it is nice to see it go down!) If you're logging is good (you weigh absolutely everything you eat and drink and record everything in MFP's diary) and you are under your recommended daily allowance of calories, you will loose weigh eventually. This is my progress chart:x54rsngffpg2.png
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not linear. You will expect weeks when you won't lose. Keep going. Over time you will be rewarded with weight loss.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options

What are you doing exactly? How many calories do you aim for, and how accurately do you track your food?
  • finch224
    finch224 Posts: 3 Member
    Options

I dont know how to use this excatly soo im gonna reply to all.

I have lost the 4 pounds using this yes but I started watching what I wat and exercising before then and nothing. So obviously i wasnt doing something right.
    And I know its just a start but im not a genious at this stuff. But its always happens. Months of trying and literally 2 pounds gone. So that kinda started my disappointment. My diet tho is getting better. I eat a lot more protein, less carbs. I dont go back for seconds at dinner, I eat morw throughout the day. Like little meals . i work out for an hour. Half cardio half weights and etc. I track all my foods. I am actually pretty impressed that i do. And im always under. Lol
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    It's all about patience. The pounds didn't come on in days, and they won't come off in days. I for one think your progress is admirable and right on track. Just stick with it and focus on the long term results!
  • katsmo
    katsmo Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    It's science, sweetie. Figure out how many calories you can eat comfortably while still losing weight. Then weigh your foods and accurately plug everything into your food diary and stick to your goal each day. It's sounds like you're off to a good start; just get a good handle on it so you're in control. Good luck!
  • abetterluke
    abetterluke Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Seems a bit alarming that you say your weight is 208 lbs but your goal on your page is to lose 139 lbs....so you want to weigh 69 lbs when you're done?
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I dont know how to use this excatly soo im gonna reply to all.

I have lost the 4 pounds using this yes but I started watching what I wat and exercising before then and nothing. So obviously i wasnt doing something right.
    And I know its just a start but im not a genious at this stuff. But its always happens. Months of trying and literally 2 pounds gone. So that kinda started my disappointment. My diet tho is getting better. I eat a lot more protein, less carbs. I dont go back for seconds at dinner, I eat morw throughout the day. Like little meals . i work out for an hour. Half cardio half weights and etc. I track all my foods. I am actually pretty impressed that i do. And im always under. Lol

You are on the right track! Be sure to weigh, measure, and log everything you eat. Be honest with yourself about how much you are eating. It's the only way. Good for you on the exercise! Keep that up! You can do it. Weight loss is HARD because you are learning new behaviors. It takes patience and perseverance. Stick with it!
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Remember you can still gain weight by "eating a better diet". What's important is the number of calories MFP gave you. Weigh and measure your food and eat this number- You will lose weight.

As everyone was saying, weight loss is all over the place. I hit a recent low of 123 last Friday, was 128 Sunday after celebrating for mothers day, and am 124 today. Hoping by Friday I can hit a new low! Don't let the scale be your only judge. Look at how your clothes fit and how you feel.
  • finch224
    finch224 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Seems a bit alarming that you say your weight is 208 lbs but your goal on your page is to lose 139 lbs....so you want to weigh 69 lbs when you're done?

Idk why it says that. Lol