Please help!

mjerding88
mjerding88 Posts: 4
edited September 27 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok, heres the deal. I started at 332, and lost 52 lbs. since January from exercising, cutting my calories to dangerously low levels, and taking Oxy Elite. I am 22 years old, 5'8" and now 280.

Heres my problem if anyone could help, that'd be amazing! I realize that the way I was going, I actually was doing it in a very unhealthy manner, and actually stopped losing weight for several weeks.
Since then, I have been trying to eat more, exercise more, and all around be more healthy. BUT: Getting used to 800 calories a day has made it extremely difficult to ingest anymore. This is not good. This in addition to the exercising puts me back almost 3300 calories a day I need to make up for. I am forcing myself to at least make it through the exercise calories so that I feel like I am accomplishing something. But in doing so, I gained 8 lbs just today. Should I continue trying to do things the way I have been? Or whats the deal???

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• are you weighing yourself at the same time every day? in the morning, wearing the same thing every time, before you eat? because if you're weighing yourself at various times of the day, then the scale numbers are gonna be all over the place.

just a thought!
  • Hi,

You should try and up your calories to at least 1200, as 800 is not enough for anybody to survive on!!! Weigh yourself once a week (when you wake up) or even once a month. Drink lots of water, eat at regular intervals (breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner). Your body needs fuel to function!!! Make healthy choices. Not sure if this is what you wanted to hear but hope it helps! Good luck! Believe in yourself!:wink:
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    I'm not expert, but it sounds like you need to rev up your metabolism again. Try eating small meals at regular intervals. Eat calorie dense healthy foods like nuts, avocado, pasta etc. so you can up your intake. You may have to force yourself to begin with, but you can't survive on -3000 cals per day. Eventually you will be deficient in many nutrients and you'll get sick.

I think you might gain to begin with, but you may have to go backwards to come forwards again.

Good Luck :flowerforyou:
  • You've affected your metabolism at this point making it low. Now...to boost it and become a fat burning machine....this is the next step for you. Good for you for getting to where you are....now the next plan is a lifestyle and choices you can actually live with day to day and forever.
  • mjerding88
    mjerding88 Posts: 4
    Thank you all for your help! I'm going to start eating more dense foods. That'll at least get me closer till I can ingest more without getting overly full!
This discussion has been closed.