Is all the protein and whey making me bloat?

I have been lifting for 4 weeks now and I have been taking pre and post workout shakes along with some protein shakes and also eating alot more protein then usual and I heard you can bloat. I wanted to know if anyone knows of a natural or over counter med that i can take to relieve bloating cuz I wake up with a full belly and its not flat.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Is there a particular reason you're doing pre- and post-work out shakes AND protein shakes? It sounds like an awful lot of supplementation unless you're gearing up for an event or a special goal. Just my two cents . . .
  • Barbosas77
    Barbosas77 Posts: 100 Member
    pre- for energy and vita for lifting then post for recovery and build for muscles. I don't like meats too much but i need to get my protein in somewhere
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    A lot of people don't handle protein supplements well...why are you supplementing that much...why not just eat food and supplement when necessary?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Barbosas77 wrote: »
    pre- for energy and vita for lifting then post for recovery and build for muscles. I don't like meats too much but i need to get my protein in somewhere

Are you saying that your belly is more bloated when you wake up than it is at other times during the day? I took a quick glance at your diary and it looks like this may be a sodium issue instead of a protein issue. Have you tried reducing the sodium to see if you bloat less?
  • Barbosas77
    Barbosas77 Posts: 100 Member
    Yes bloating in my belly when I wake up and during the day...i do eat stuff with a lot of salt which I have been trying so hard to cut less of. But also I have not been going "regular" so I don't know if this has to do with protein as well. I like my supplements it helps me, I'm trying to go hard core slowly though. I heard dandelion tea is good for water retention.
  • nickycat73
    nickycat73 Posts: 61 Member
    I have been bloated and not regular as well. I was also wondering if it was all the protein. I am getting about 120g a day.