so do you believe it?

Options
This morning was the first time I've ever heard that tomorrow is supposed to be the end of the world.
Or depending on who you ask, the Christians will go to heaven tomorrow, and everyone else will be left here for 5 months to be "tortured", and after 5 months, THAT is the end of the world.

So who believes it?
I was always taught that the Bible says no one will no when the end will come. But others are arguing that it also says it will be 5/21/11.

I'm not trying to start a heated debate. Just purely curious. i'm bored, kids are in bed, honey is watching his show...so why not?!!

Replies

• XxXstars9967XxX
    Options
    I don't believe it..heard it a few days ago.The guy that predicted it was wrong 17 years ago so he's probably wrong again lol
  • knelson422
    knelson422 Posts: 308
    Options
    No one knows except God. Have you listened to this guy? He is entertaining and I feel badly for the people who sent him money. I heard part of his show where one caller said, "So, if the world doesn't end on Saturday - do the people who sent you money get a refund?" He fumbled around with the answer. It was pretty funny.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I wish it were true... Then I wouldn't feel guilty for going to the pantry and finishing off that tub of vanilla icing. *Bites fingernails, drinks water instead*
  • kiwi_dee
    kiwi_dee Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Well it's the 21st of May here in NZ and things are normal :laugh: No I didn't believe it beforehand. I know a few people who chose to use it as an excuse to have a great night last night :drinker:
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    SInce I don't believe in the idea of "the end of the world aka Judgment Day", how could I believe some guy can predict it's arrival?
  • JessesGirl05
    JessesGirl05 Posts: 253
    Options
    No one knows except God. Have you listened to this guy? He is entertaining and I feel badly for the people who sent him money. I heard part of his show where one caller said, "So, if the world doesn't end on Saturday - do the people who sent you money get a refund?" He fumbled around with the answer. It was pretty funny.
    i dont even know all of the story. the news this morning was talking about a website that was created by non christians. you can send them $10 and when you (the christian) die tomorrow, those people will come and take your pets, and take care of them. The news was kinda making fun of it but went on to say "who knows."
    to me it screamed scam! but im going to have to google now to get the full story on who is even predicting this.

last i heard it was supposed to end 12-21-2012
  • JessesGirl05
    Options
    Sometimes I wish it were true... Then I wouldn't feel guilty for going to the pantry and finishing off that tub of vanilla icing. *Bites fingernails, drinks water instead*
    ha ha that crossed my mind! ima be mad if tomorrow is the end! ill regret not eating that red velvet cake thats in my kitchen! haha
  • funkyspunky871
    Options
    ha ha that crossed my mind! ima be mad if tomorrow is the end! ill regret not eating that red velvet cake thats in my kitchen! haha

Oh Gosh. I don't know how you do it. Even if tomorrow wasn't supposed to be the end, I'd be shoving that cake down my throat RIGHT NOW. My sweet tooth is getting out of control. I can't remember the last meal I had. I mean... Last night, I had 5 tablespoons of icing for dinner and today, I had two brownies and a cookie for lunch. Hahaha. *Drinks water frantically*
  • redtrain
    redtrain Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    ok this is what I got.

Mark 13:32 (New International Version)
    The Day and Hour Unknown
    “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

but just in case... I would like to institute a MFP post rapture pancake breakfast!!! and you are all invited
  • joamarelo
    joamarelo Posts: 161
    Options
    QUICK!!! CALL THE DELIVERY BOY! I HAVE TO EAT CHINESE FOOD BEFORE THE END OF THE WORLD!
  • XxXstars9967XxX
    Options
    ok this is what I got.

The Day and Hour Unknown
    “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

but just in case... I would like to institute a MFP post rapture pancake breakfast!!! and you are all invited
    can i get blueberry pancakes lol
  • funkyspunky871
    Options
    ok this is what I got.

The Day and Hour Unknown

PANCAKES!!!

....Sorry.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I hope it happens. I have plans to go looting and if there is no rapture, I might go to jail, because there is no way I am changing my plans now.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I hope it happens. I have plans to go looting and if there is no rapture, I might go to jail, because there is no way I am changing my plans now.

I don't know what to say....

I think I'm in love.
  • dnthaveasn
    dnthaveasn Posts: 113
    Options
    I want pancakes! I want pancakes!

I'm trying to go see Hangover 2 next week. I'm going to be pissed if the world ends tomorrow, and I never get to see it.
  • XxXstars9967XxX
    Options
    I plan to loot every tim hortons and verizon store on the planet lol
  • XxXstars9967XxX
    Options
    I plan to loot every tim hortons and verizon store on the planet lol
  • JessesGirl05
    Options
    QUICK!!! CALL THE DELIVERY BOY! I HAVE TO EAT CHINESE FOOD BEFORE THE END OF THE WORLD!
    OOOOOOOH I WANT SOME!!!!!!!!!!
  • JessesGirl05
    Options

I don't know what to say....

I think I'm in love.
    lmbo
  • JessesGirl05
    Options
    I want pancakes! I want pancakes!

I'm trying to go see Hangover 2 next week. I'm going to be pissed if the world ends tomorrow, and I never get to see it.
    my 21st bday is next friday and i wanted to go see that movie too! i BETTER live to see it! LOL