How do I overcome Sugar ?

Options
tyronm46
tyronm46 Posts: 1 Member
so I have an addiction to sugar . I'm trying hard to give it up but it seams to always crawl back into my blood !! I *kitten* need help on this cause I can't stop thinking bout lollies or ice cream every time I drive past a shop . I must have chocolate with coffee all the time .. I'm doing well with everything else but it's just the dam sugar intake . I don't log all the sugar I take ..

Replies

• glasshalffull713
    glasshalffull713 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Cold turkey! Do a 21 day sugar fast (fruit is ok). After the first 3-4 days the hard part is over and then the cravings start to subside. You will find you don't think about it anymore after a while.
  • CrabCatcher
    CrabCatcher Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Honestly the only way to do it is cold turkey. The first week is the worst, headaches, fatigue and overall feeling like crap. After that week though you will start to feel better. Fruit is fine, fruit juice is not. Watch for sugars in yogurt, some are way high. Also try to swap out sugar free things for items you used to get with sugar. Like my occasional latte now uses all sugar free ingredients. It will help cut the calories of things down quite a bit too. You will find if you can get off sugar you will feel so much better. I suggest cutting off white flour products at the same time. replace them with whole grain options. To start with you will see sugar EVERYWHERE. It is not an easy task at all, having fruit makes it easier. Tons of things we consume daily have added sugars though. Get lots of water and fiber and do the best you can. If you slip, get right back on track. I was pre-diabetic and am now in the normal range for blood sugars in just a month. I can thank that all to cutting out added sugars and total crap foods with sugar in them. I wish you the best of luck, it is a tough addiction to break. Persistence and patience pays off big though.