Anyone have recipes for vegetables posed as pasta?

Options
kchezelle
kchezelle Posts: 110 Member
Example: Carrot noodles, zucchini noodles, etc

Replies

• cortesr425
    cortesr425 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Try spaghetti squash. The interior looks like spaghetti and tastes good too. I use it as a substitute since I can't eat pasta.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I cook off chopped mushroom, onion, cherry tomatos and bacon, then toss through zucchini noodles and pesto.
  • packinbiggie
    packinbiggie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use baby zucchini steamed then add meat sauce marina it's just as satisfying but no high carb pasta!
  • knt217
    knt217 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Skinny taste has a lot of recipes...and the inspiralized site does too.
  • lolab983
    lolab983 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    28vobuwjt7mu.jpg

This is my zucchini noodles with chicken, veggies and home made pesto! The pesto is made from EV olive oil, light park cheese, sunflower seeds, sea salt, and fresh garlic.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Www.inspiralized.com. It's all spiralized vegetable recipes.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Tons of recipes on inspiralized, pinterest, google, etc.
  • fruitysky
    fruitysky Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I eat green bean "spaghetti" on an almost daily basis.
    1 c. canned green beans 1/4 c spaghetti sauce and 1 tbsp parmesan just mix the first two, stick it in the microwave, and sprinkle the cheese on after it's hot... So yummy! I like using cut Italian beans best.
  • blondeinnj
    blondeinnj Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    I love spaghetti squash. Sauteed with garlic and olive oil. So delicious.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Every time I read the title of this thread I get a funny picture of vegetables literally "posing" as pasta.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Every time I read the title of this thread I get a funny picture of vegetables literally "posing" as pasta.

LOL! That is funny! Now I have and image of a green bean trying really hard to look like corkscrew pasta. :)

Here is another recipe. soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2015/05/chicken-stroganoff-spaghetti-squash.html

Chicken%2BStroganoff%2BSpaghetti%2BSquash2.jpg
  • Eninad
    Eninad Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Toss shrimp with lemon and garlic with those zucchini noodles, very light.

I've made a pad Thai with them as well, using pb2 for peanut sauce. Also added Lima beans and other beans in varying quantity for their benefits.

I've spiralized beets, carrots, eggplant and cucumbers, but they don't really trade out as pasta for a pasta taste, they simply replace it for a different, healthier meal. I've roasted the golden beet and red beet and learned cucumber is very very wet and should get drained.

Sauces range from pumpkin, carrot ginger, to yogurt mint, basil or dill. I'm not a tomato sauce fan to begin with, but fresh tomatoes, olives and feta on the cucumber made a very light Greek flavored salad.

On top of some zoodles I've sprinkled brewers yeast or chia seeds or ground pecans, depends on the flavor wanted. I'm finding this to be a use your imagination project. Not all the combos work, people have different palettes.