Insanity, P90X, or 30 Day Shred?

Options
Im thinking about getting one of the three, or possibly two out of 3.
What are your experiences with any of these?

Replies

• tgo6st1
    tgo6st1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Insanity is hard core! But, it sculpts your body! I am on month two right now.
  • Megn_11
    Megn_11 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've done 30 Day Shred and was not impressed. I love P90X though. I'm just over half way through and have seen AMAZING results! I like how you are working different muscle groups with different videos each day, where the 30 Day Shred you do the same thing over and over. I have not done Insanity yet. I thought P90X was a better place for me to start out with considering my fitness level. I highly recommend P90X! Best of luck in your fitness goals!
  • lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Insanity and P90X are on a whole other level compared to 30 Day Shred in my opinion. I did 30 Day Shred and was bored after two weeks and it just wasn't enough. If you're hardcore then pick Insanity or P90X--amazing results and it gives you the complete package to change your body and your health and nutrition. I started with ChaLEAN Extreme, but P90X is on my hit list next. My husband is going to do Insanity. Check out the comparison chart on Beachbody... it breaks it all down for you and was helpful to me in picking the right program. Insanity requires no equipment, which is nice. P90X requires some, but there are modifications.

http://www.beachbody.com/category/fitness_programs/compare_fitness_programs.do

Good luck!!!!
  • kmiller74
    kmiller74 Posts: 4
    Options
    Insanity is tough but worth it! Very hard and is 6x/week. 30 Day shred isn't near as hard in my opinion but still is a good workout especially if you are just getting started with exercise because it is only 20 minutes to start. I like both. I personally could not/would not do P90X and I use to sell Beach Body products! It is very hard core and I don't personally know ANYONE who has made it through the whole thing. Very intense and about 1 hr per day.
  • ursula0601k
    ursula0601k Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Insanity is fun, but I couldn't stay motivated with it. Oddly enough, if they offered that type of class at my gym, I think it would have been my favorite and I definitely would have gone. However, I couldn't stay motivated with the video.

P90x was boring for me. The only thing I liked with that was the plyometrics video.

I love the 30 day shred. It's fast and for some reason I haven't gotten bored with it. I dunno. I think you should sample all three. It just depends on how you like to work out. All three of them are good and will give you results as long as you put in the effort. But they are all different when it comes to style and format. Good luck with which ever one you choose!
  • Kat0310
    Kat0310 Posts: 341
    Options
    I can't speak for Insanity or P90X cause I haven't tried those yet but I'm halfway through 30 Day Shred and I love it. I have gotton good results so far and for me it fits nicely into my morning routine (from start to finish is about 25 mins.). I guess it would just depend on the individual as to which one is preferred...that probably wasn't much help but just my opinion on the 30DS...:smile:
  • stephfilako
    stephfilako Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I loved Insanity but had to give it to my brother. If you have bad knees at ALL I wouldnt go with Insanity. P90X is intense but you can modify and increase your level as you go along. I have Jillians DVD and I love Jillian, but I just got bored looking at 3 people. You dont grab the energy from them. Shawn T (Insanity) will motivate and push you hard. Chalene Johnson (TurboFire/Jam and ChaLean Extreme) is HANDS DOWN the most motivating, inspriational and FUN instructor-- EVER! I find myself not ready for the workouts to end, because she has a way of knowing when you are tired and she looks at the camera and says "YOURE NOT TIRED" LOL.. Hope that helps some! I would really make sure you get one that you will be able to complete. Like I said, I loved Insanity but its too hard to modify for it if you have any knee pains.

Steph
  • JCGilbert
    JCGilbert Posts: 33
    Options
    I bought P90 (Power 90...NOT P90X). I am LOVING it. It was billed as a "starter version" of P90X, not as intense. The DVD's include a level 1-2 Sculpt and Cardio/Abs to use on alternating days, and after you feel proficient you move up to level 3-4. I'm about 20 days in and it's going GREAT! There are alternate moves and you can adapt/progress w/ heavier hand weights. The DVD comes w/ an exercise band (to use as an option instead of hand weights) AND a BONUS DVD of Fat Burning Express. Each workout takes less than 45 mins and is very do-able.
    I tried Jillian's 30 Day Shred, but the quick get up from a lying down was making me lightheaded. -Also, Tony Horton is a little HOT!!
  • jgfarned
    jgfarned Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you're looking for. I use 30 Day Shred when I'm short on time. I like the format, and find that some moves are really easy and some are quite challenging (shoulder moves kill me!)

I finished P90X last year. I did the "girly" Lean version and it was still pretty tough. It got kind of boring for me because you do basically the same videos in the same order every week. Also, I just think strength work is boring in and of itself - I'm a cardio fiend. It can also be frustrating if you're especially weak in the upper body like me, because you can't do enough reps to feel like you're getting any benefit. On the plus side, it gave me killer arms (not enough butt and thigh work), and some of the workouts are really innovative - the Plyometrics and Core videos are awesome. Also, Tony is a hoot as an instructor - sometimes I would start cracking up and couldn't finish a move.

Insanity is no joke. It is very intense and fast paced. After doing Insanity for a couple of weeks I did an old Jillian cardio kickbox video and felt like I was moving in slow motion! It will give you results, but I ended up not finishing - it was just too grueling for me, and I found that I dreaded my workouts.

I started Turbo Fire a couple of weeks ago after falling off the wagon and gaining back 5 pounds. I LOVE it! It's basically high intensity cardio kickboxing with plyometrics, with some yoga and resistance band workouts thrown in. The schedule really mixes it up, so I haven't gotten bored yet (a real problem for me).

In summary, it all depends on what you're looking for.
  • sec1ccd
    sec1ccd Posts: 12
    Options
    Depends on your personality...I like the P90x....I am all about being an athlete and love that type of training.....similiar to circuit training....go with something that fits you, not just what seems to be the most popular....this way you have more fun doing it and love it...
  • cdl8
    cdl8 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred is most definitely a bore to me. If you like to move and groove then go with something else. ( I would love to try Insanity but I just tore my knee and had to get surgery. Friend have it and love it!!) Prior to this I have done Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire!!! Love them. Chalene is very motivating. She keeps you moving and shows a variety of fitness levels on the DVD too. Good luck!