Do you make your food diary available to the public?

Options
13»

Replies

• NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    NotAllWhoWanderAreLost Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Mine is public. I'm not perfect, but hey, who is? I welcome the feedback i get.

I am actually thinking to give the link to my food diary to my bootcamp instructor when that class starts next month... He was ribbing me at a recent 5k for eating a piece of pizza and i was like "Its ONE slice of pizza. I am fine with it.... I have more than enough room in my diet for it. Trust me, you won't be tweaking my diet too much as i am already pretty dialed down..."

That said, i know i will have different food needs once i'm doing bootcamp daily than i do at the moment....
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I have mine public and it makes people hungry. :laugh:

I have it public to show that you can still eat really delicious foods you enjoy and still lose weight. Plus, I've gotten a lot of great ideas from seeing my friends' diaries, so I thought I might be able to return the favor.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I am actually thinking to give the link to my food diary to my bootcamp instructor when that class starts next month... He was ribbing me at a recent 5k for eating a piece of pizza

If someone hassled me for eating pizza, I'd punch him in his personal space. :laugh:
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Mine is public and has been since very early in my journey. My friends comment on it, just as I comment on theirs. I have not received drive-by comments from strangers. I am doing as much as possible to become detached from food. What I eat is not personal. The only thing you know about me by looking at my diary is that I know how to cook. Any other judgements people might form have nothing to do with me.
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Mine is open, and I respect those that choose to keep thiers private. :smile:

When I look at someone's menu it gives me ideas.I have found so many new foods, recipes, and ideas like this. I have seen my share of rude commetns, but to each their own. I must say some people truly do not know how their words can effect some people. :flowerforyou:
  • LittleBuddy13
    LittleBuddy13 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I keep mine open:) its nice incase people want to see ideas, and for a newbie and can maybe help someone to see sometimes even the people that lost alot have their bad days like anyone else ya know. I admit to my bad days and have my good days:) I love to see other peoples diaries to try new foods and brands of things...Ive gotton mostly good or funny comments on my diary, when its something like a cupcake or banana loaf people usually just comment that they wish they had one lol, I think most people on here are pretty mature not to be huge downers if they see some french fries on your diary, it is what it is we all do it time to time:)
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Mine is friends only to many rude, unsolicited comments in the past.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I've noticed a few users who have made their food diaries available for public viewing. Just wondering how many of you do this, and if not why. I'm thinking about doing this to kind of motivate me to keep eating healthy. Anyone who does make their diaries available, do you ever get comments on what you're eating?

Mine is public. I've gotten quite a few comments (all good). I don't do it for the comments, but it certainly doesn't hurt! Personally, I love to browse people's diaries for menu ideas.
  • nurseaim
    nurseaim Posts: 146
    Options
    I am actually thinking to give the link to my food diary to my bootcamp instructor when that class starts next month... He was ribbing me at a recent 5k for eating a piece of pizza

If someone hassled me for eating pizza, I'd punch him in his personal space. :laugh:

LOL...that's hilarious!:laugh:
  • nurseaim
    Options

LOL...that's hilarious!:laugh:
  • nurseaim
    Options
    I post mine b/c it helps me to be accountable to my MFP friends. And I love it when ppl make comments about certain things that I've eaten.
  • redbluegreen
    redbluegreen Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Mine is public but I never get comments on it. If people ever did give me feedback on it I'd actually appreciate it and welcome it as constructive criticism. I know there's major room for improvement.
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Public, because I don't want MFP friends congratulating me on having a good day when they have no idea what I ate. Honestly, when I've indulged in a beer or a dessert, but had an otherwise healthy day, I've had nothing but positive comments. I think most people on MFP love seeing an indulgence as part of an overall healthy diet. Yes, you can have that rare brownie and still keep within your goals! And I do love browsing diaries for good snack ideas. To each his own - whatever makes you most successful here is definitely what you should do!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Public, because I don't want MFP friends congratulating me on having a good day when they have no idea what I ate.

I agree :)

I try to not give blanket "way to go" statements because I don't want to encourage poor nutrition, if someone is really struggling and I don't know their situation. I'm more likely to say "hope you had a healthy day" or "good job logging your day."
    I like that people have public diaries because I get great ideas from other peoples' food diaries when I get bored with what I'm doing.
  • how13
    how13 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am new will start sat 5/21/2011