Venting

GTOgirl1969
GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
I received Guitar Hero 3 as an early Christmas gift from my brother. Well, it came with a wireless controller that doesn't work.:mad: :mad: I tried to return it to the store, and it being a gift I didn't have the receipt. They wouldn't let me exchange it! I tried to explain that I didn't buy it, therefore I had no receipt, and the lady got very snotty with me. It took every fiber of my being to not cuss her out and cause a scene. So now I either get stuck with a broken item, or pay $40 for a controller that actually works.

Those rude *kitten* have NO Christmas spirit WHATSOEVER!!!!

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    I received Guitar Hero 3 as an early Christmas gift from my brother. Well, it came with a wireless controller that doesn't work.:mad: :mad: I tried to return it to the store, and it being a gift I didn't have the receipt. They wouldn't let me exchange it! I tried to explain that I didn't buy it, therefore I had no receipt, and the lady got very snotty with me. It took every fiber of my being to not cuss her out and cause a scene. So now I either get stuck with a broken item, or pay $40 for a controller that actually works.

Those rude *kitten* have NO Christmas spirit WHATSOEVER!!!!
  • psantacruz
    psantacruz Posts: 71 Member
    Does your brother have the receipt?
  • Why dont you buy a new one and return the broken one with the new reciept
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Try a different store?

Better yet, go to that company's website and file a complaint. Those go to district management who is usually willing to kiss some butt to correct the situation.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Why dont you buy a new one and return the broken one with the new reciept

LOL LOL LOL
  • GTOgirl1969
    My brother doesn't have the receipt...bless his heart he NEVER keeps stuff like that. I thought about buying a new one and returning the broken one, but all my $$ is going to buy my kids' presents so I don't have it to spend on myself.:ohwell:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Another possibility is to wait until after Christmas, and try to return it then. Stores lighten up on the receipt rule then. You'll probably get a store credit, but better than nothing.
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Keep it in your car at all times and if you go to the cust. service and there is a different person, try it! That is pretty retarded if I say so myself....... what a scrooge!

btw...my bf got Guitar Hero World tour...(we already have the guitars for the Wii), pretty awesome! can never play on hard tho...need to grow an extra finger for that lol :laugh:
  • GTOgirl1969
    btw...my bf got Guitar Hero World tour...(we already have the guitars for the Wii), pretty awesome! can never play on hard tho...need to grow an extra finger for that lol :laugh:
    Santa brought two controllers:smile: I just got done kicking my brother's butt on "Rock and Roll all Nite":laugh: I wonder if jumping around and acting like a complete idiot counts as a workout??
    I've had a cold for the last couple of days and it felt good to get up and move around.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Why dont you buy a new one and return the broken one with the new reciept
    :laugh: ahh someone else who thinks like me!:wink::laugh:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Try a different store?

Better yet, go to that company's website and file a complaint. Those go to district management who is usually willing to kiss some butt to correct the situation.

I would try this route as it puts a store and a possible lower level employee in an uncomfortable situation to be giving away product for warranty that they may not have sold (for what they know) to begin with.

Maybe with that and after a few days of the holiday stress to have subsided things will go smoother,I have to think that most retail chains have policies and mechanisims in place for just such an event.