Genre

Options
jezzyrae
jezzyrae Posts: 186 Member
what music genre or song get you going?? I would say rock for me. And some hip-hop.

Replies

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Get me going for what?
  • ImVeryAngryItsNotButter
    Options
    electronic dance music keeps my pump going strong. I like to listen to diplo & friends mixes when I want to get into the zone. Sometimes rock is good too but I haven't found any new rock bands that I've enjoyed in a while.
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    Get me going for what?

Wow, this is the second time in one day that I have seen you being pedantic in the forums - are you always this difficult? It seems apparent she's asking what music you like to listen to when you're at the gym or doing some form of physical activity in which one might listen to music.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Get me going for what?

Wow, this is the second time in one day that I have seen you being pedantic in the forums - are you always this difficult? It seems apparent she's asking what music you like to listen to when you're at the gym or doing some form of physical activity in which one might listen to music.

Where is that apparent in the OP?
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    I tolerate some of all these genres: rock, pop, country, blues, bluegrass, rap, texas country, hard rock, alternative, classical
    Options
    Get me going for what?

What does get you going mean to you? Unless she's referring to the Alvin and the Chipmunk song, Get Going, then the idiom implies to get excited, to start something or to start moving.
  • jezzyrae
    Options
    electronic dance music keeps my pump going strong. I like to listen to diplo & friends mixes when I want to get into the zone. Sometimes rock is good too but I haven't found any new rock bands that I've enjoyed in a while.

Iv never heard of diplo, I will have to google that. I love motivation to move.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Get me going for what?

What does get you going mean to you? Unless she's referring to the Alvin and the Chipmunk song, Get Going, then the idiom implies to get excited, to start something or to start moving.

Your username informs me that you know the possibility of what it could mean
  • johnreiland
    johnreiland Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Definitely rock. Not head banging but rock for sure.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    1964 to about 1984, primarily. Classic Rock and Blues. I love that it took bands like Led Zeppelin, Beatles, Stones and Them to bring American Blues back to America.
  • maggierenee88
    maggierenee88 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    countrrryy <3
  • jezzyrae
    Options
    Awesome
  • damnfish
    damnfish Posts: 7 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I listen mostly to metal and oldies, but when it comes to exercising, cookie cutter pop songs for some reason does it for me.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    countrrryy <3
    This or (mostly) Christian pop.