Not sure what I am doing wrong

Options
All this food, macros, etc is so confusing for me!

I have been on here logging consistently for about a month, still missing a day or 2 a week, but usually sticking to what I normally eat.

When I first started back logging with in a week I had dropped 4lbs, due to actually eating enough calories.

Then I started trying to tweek my macros, and then my trainer tweek my macros. Carbs less then 160 and protein no more then 135. So I switched it up, trying to hit those numbers and get close to 1850 calories a day.

I my weight is now bouncing again, and it's frustrating. I have been sitting in the 160s FOREVER!! And I want out!! Like NOW!!

My food log is viewable, so advice on that would be great!!

This is what my week looks like:
Monday: Crossfit, Lifting
Tuesday :Crossfit in the am, Crossfit lite in the pm(more cardio less weights)
Wednesday: Crossfit, Lifting
Thrusday: Crossfit lite in the pm(more cardio less weights)
Friday: Crossfit
Saturday: Lifting @ 9am, Skill work, maybe more lifting @10, Strongman @11am
Sunday: Rest Day, Sometimes Active rest day

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! I just want the scale to start moving again, not bouncing back and forth!!

If my numbers help you help me, then here they are!!

5'4
36% BF(Back in Nov.)

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Why did he adjust your carbs?
    1. Are you logging everything accurately? Eg using grams for solids and not 'cups'
    2. Are you taking measurements? Those are an indicator if you're losing weight... the scale can lie
    3. How are you getting calorie burns for your cardio?

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    define "FOREVER"...if less than 4-6 weeks be patient.

Based on your diary you use a food scale...so that's good.

What are your stats? how did you come up with 1850 calories? Not that I am disputing it as I lose on 1800

Just remember weight loss is not linear and there will be times you don't lose weight and then woosh...gone.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

still missing a day or 2 a week,

This is the first place I would look
  • IsaackGMOON
    edited May 2015
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »

Completely missed that.

OP you need to be consistent.

• tonyalynn26
    tonyalynn26 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

What are your stats? how did you come up with 1850 calories? Not that I am disputing it as I lose on 1800

Just remember weight loss is not linear and there will be times you don't lose weight and then woosh...gone.

By FOREVER, I mean like 2 months or so!! But started on the high and now I am on the low end!

My trainer told me I should eat between like 1650 and 21??, depending on how much I wanted to drop weekly! I figured around 1850 would be a good middle ground!
  • tonyalynn26
    Options
    1. Are you logging everything accurately? Eg using grams for solids and not 'cups'
    2. Are you taking measurements? Those are an indicator if you're losing weight... the scale can lie

I use a food scale

Haven't taken measurements in a while(might do that today)

I don't log my exercise.

• IsaackGMOON
    Options

I use a food scale

I don't log my exercise.

Just make sure you take your measurements at the start of the day... a lot like weighing yourself.
  • tonyalynn26
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »

Completely missed that.

OP you need to be consistent.

I might miss a day or 2, but my food is 95% the same everyday. I might drop foods here or there on lighter days, but typical it's close.
  • tonyalynn26
    Options

I use a food scale

I don't log my exercise.

Just make sure you take your measurements at the start of the day... a lot like weighing yourself.

In the morning it is!
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options

By FOREVER, I mean like 2 months or so!! But started on the high and now I am on the low end!

My trainer told me I should eat between like 1650 and 21??, depending on how much I wanted to drop weekly! I figured around 1850 would be a good middle ground!

Wait, so you're still losing just not as fast? That's normal. When you start out, you tend to lose a lot of water weight and weight loss naturally slows down the closer you get to your goal.

• tonyalynn26
    Options
    Stage14 wrote: »

Wait, so you're still losing just not as fast? That's normal. When you start out, you tend to lose a lot of water weight and weight loss naturally slows down the closer you get to your goal.

I intially lost 8lbs a few months ago. Now for the past few weeks, my weight has been bouncing. I would be good losing a .5 to 1lb a week,if it was consistent, but it's not!!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

Of the 160s? Are you losing, but just not that fast? Bouncing is normal, although I know it's frustrating.

Also, did you start the creatine somewhat recently? It causes water weight gain, so could be explaining part of this.

I'd definitely measure yourself, not just weigh.
  • tonyalynn26
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

Of the 160s? Are you losing, but just not that fast? Bouncing is normal, although I know it's frustrating.

Also, did you start the creatine somewhat recently? It causes water weight gain, so could be explaining part of this.

I'd definitely measure yourself, not just weigh.

No the creatine isn't new but did just start logging it recently. I haven't done measurements
    in about a month.
  • Gonz0theGreat
    Gonz0theGreat Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    At 1850, you may be eating closer to your maintenance calories than at a caloric deficit. What calorie level did MFP recommend when you put in your target weight?
  • tonyalynn26
    Options
    At 1850, you may be eating closer to your maintenance calories than at a caloric deficit. What calorie level did MFP recommend when you put in your target weight?

I just redid it. I am 162, trying to get to 140, it says 1800cals
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

then I would lower my calories a bit and see what happens...if you haven't lost any...and I mean ANY weight in 2 months...you are eating at maintenance.
  • Gonz0theGreat
    Gonz0theGreat Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You may also be overestimating your activity levels - inputting your age, height and weight on this site: http://www.acaloriecounter.com/diet/calorie-maintenance-calculator-daily-calorie-requirements provides 1724 maintenance level at "sedentary." At a 20% recommended deficit, you'd be 1380 calories/day to lose about 2 lbs/week.

I realize that you're actively burning calories with your fitness routine, but you may want to try dropping calories to the 1650 level for a week and see it has any impact. I use the sedentary figures in MFP to ensure my caloric deficit is low.
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    What's your height? Based on everything you're saying, it sounds like you're doing fine/not doing anything wrong. But I'm 5 feet, and I know I couldn't lose on 1850 even if I was exercising as much as you. So yeah, it could just be too many calories.
  • tonyalynn26
    Options
    DirrtyH wrote: »
    What's your height? Based on everything you're saying, it sounds like you're doing fine/not doing anything wrong. But I'm 5 feet, and I know I couldn't lose on 1850 even if I was exercising as much as you. So yeah, it could just be too many calories.

5'4
  • mojojojo222
    mojojojo222 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    First, your numbers all look off. 2 eggs are only 100 cals... and bacon... those should be up around 200-400 mark... also the chicken... and there is a lot more fat in these items then your diary shows as well. That is a LOT of food. I could not eat that amount of food and lose and I am quite active. I would certainly gain weight. That's way too many cals for you at your size.