Options

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    myee924 wrote: »
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Ummmm...OK?

ETA: OK now you edited and removed the indecipherable gibberish.

I'm still going to say 'meh'. Agree with the general wisdom of "abs being made in the kitchen". But I'd get bored awfully quickly eating the same thing day after day after day.

It's not for everyone, but if you have strong fitness goals, I find all my clients don't mind eating the same thing for a few days. You can always use different seasonings and condiments to change the flavors as well, but again-- meal prepping isn't for everyone.

I have strong fitness goals

But once I've hit my protein and fat macro I like a helluva lot more variety and fresh vegetables
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Ummmm...OK?

I'm still going to say 'meh'. Agree with the general wisdom of "abs being made in the kitchen". But I'd get bored awfully quickly eating the same thing day after day after day.

It's not for everyone, but if you have strong fitness goals, I find all my clients don't mind eating the same thing for a few days. You can always use different seasonings and condiments to change the flavors as well, but again-- meal prepping isn't for everyone.

But once I've hit my protein and fat macro I like a helluva lot more variety and fresh vegetables

Sorry you must be lying. According to OP that's not possible.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    To each their own. I definitely admire the dedication and can see how this would be a smart plan for someone without the wherewithal to create a variety of meals daily. I would go insane though.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I would lose my mind by eating the exact same thing every day. These are the types of things I eat, but I gotta have variety.
  • determined_14
    determined_14 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Ummmm...OK?

Me too. And there's kind of way too much bread and too many eggs there for me! I guess the actual meals probably aren't meant to be indicative of how we should eat though-- just the planning. (Not that we all need this kind of plan...)
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    suke28 wrote: »
    What's with the turtle

The turtle cooked all the food.

You mean, the turtle is part of the food. Turtle soup, yo. Probably the most interesting food item on that table. lol

Look, I get the whole meal prep and everything, I do. But that looks suuuuuuuper boring. Where's the color? Where's the variety? Variety is the spice of life! Everything in that picture, except the green beans is white/brown. That's boring. I want my food to be a plethora of colors and flavors.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Pre-made sandwiches?

Can anyone say soggyyyyyyy?
  • myee924
    myee924 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Ummmm...OK?

I never said it wasn't possible. You do what works for you. Everyone's different. This is just what works for this particular client and his preferences.

• paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    Pre-made sandwiches?

Can anyone say soggyyyyyyy?
    That's what I was wondering. Maybe for a day but I can't see a wk.

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Yeah no.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    I would lose my mind by eating the exact same thing every day. These are the types of things I eat, but I gotta have variety.
    Ditto

And some sauces are needed, like hellooooooooo! Plain rice?
    Gag
  • juggernaut1974
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Ummmm...OK?

I never said it wasn't possible. You do what works for you. Everyone's different. This is just what works for this particular client and his preferences.

Ohhh..ok...so then it's NOT the key to success for everyone?

I'm confused now.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I think that I could easily eat the same thing each day for a week. Then the next week I'd change it some. Every time I feed my dogs I wish there was some sort of human kibble that I could just eat a cup of twice a day so that I could just scoop it out and go sometimes.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    The turtle was the best bit. Food is one of the pleasures of life I cant imagine wanting to regiment it out of existence. If he was a bit more adventurous then he could cook something a bit more exciting and still meet his goals. Wont the bread go a bit meh or does he freeze them?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I believe sandwiches can be frozen but I'd have to say bleurgh to that

My meal prep involves big stews like chicken cacciatore

d1qor84vmq53.jpg

Served with rice

40g protein, 8g fat for around 415 calories

Wouldn't swap you, even if you threw in the turtle
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    But seriously, OP, what's up with the turtle?
  • juggernaut1974
    Options
    But seriously, OP, what's up with the turtle?

The turtle is the client with the mad abs. The dude holding him is the mascot.
  • acollis1
    acollis1 Posts: 167 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I had to come back and check this thread. Unfortunaltly I knew there would be some strong opinions! Thanks for the effort, I meal prep on Sundays, cook a bunch of chicken and chop veggies/ fruits. Makes the week go smoother. If anyone cares I plan dinners for the week and if there's a bunch of prepping to do for a meal I'll do it then too, that way I get dinner on the table faster after work and school :)
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    I think that I could easily eat the same thing each day for a week. Then the next week I'd change it some. Every time I feed my dogs I wish there was some sort of human kibble that I could just eat a cup of twice a day so that I could just scoop it out and go sometimes.

There is....

axsndfm4xyog.jpg