High protein Breakfast ideas

Options
Hi everyone!
I'm looking for high protein breakfast ideas that don't involve eggs? Eggs make me sick (and by sick, I mean so sick that I cannot leave the house!) so I'm trying to avoid them. I am anemic and I'm trying to lower my carbohydrate intake, so low carb ideas would be great also!
Thank you kindly!

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Steak or chicken breast.
  • PeanutbutterBang
    PeanutbutterBang Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Check out this post for some ideas: http://www.blisstree.com/2012/06/24/food/high-protein-breakfast-ideas-without-eggs-110/
    I'm pescetarian and got really bored with eggs recently. I'm eating things like quinoa porridge with nuts and chia seeds at the moment, but it's just not packing the same protein punch as eggs. Greek yoghurt is amazing for protein, it's low in fat and it's super tasty :smiley:
  • cassie858
    cassie858 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt or cottage cheese - good macros and yummy :smile:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Protein pancakes.
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt, cottage cheese, protein powder ... you can also have meat / seafood too.
  • summerhammad
    summerhammad Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can eat 30g from nonroste nuts , 1/4 Cup of broild beans like favabean ..
  • Territrek
    Territrek Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    A smoothie that has protein powder as one of its ingredients.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    hexapro.png
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    You don't need to eat breakfast food. I was recently looking back to my diary in the spring and was surprised at how often I was basically just having leftover meat from dinner plus some veggies for breakfast (I normally have a vegetable omelet now or oatmeal with protein powder and veggies on the side).
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    May I ask if you can eat egg whites? The fat content in eating 2 eggs (10g fat) plus other food for me at one sitting makes me sick...(ibs, etc). I can tolerate egg whites though which have a lot of protein!

A regular meal of mine is my breakie bowl. Egg whites 1/2c, 1/2 ccooked chicken, stir fried zuke, spinach, topped with raw chopped colourful peppers and tomatoes (big bowl full) Rice vinegar on top. Lots of protein, under 300 cals.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,218 MFP Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Options
    BACON!!!!

ETA - on a serious note, lots of people lose successfully without eating in the mornings... OR you don't have to eat traditional breakfast foods. :)
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I grab the 100 cal greek yogurt and mix it with half a serving of protein powder. The breakdown for that is 155 cal, 11g carb, 1g fat and 25g protein.
  • felblossom
    felblossom Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I've recently gotten addicted to quark, it can be mixed with just about anything - fruit, granola, muesli - and is packed with protein! :D Also nice for a snack, so many different tastes and combinations out there!
  • iamnotgonnatellyou
    iamnotgonnatellyou Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Maybe some overnight oats? That's one of my favorite breakfasts; I had it this morning, actually.
    1/2 cup yogurt, 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup milk + fruits, sugar, cinammon or other spices, etc. mixed up the night before and kept in the fridge in a sealed bowl til morning.
    You can switch it up to have different nutritional content and texture. I use 1:1:1 ratio because it gets the consistency I like. If you want higher protein, you could use cottage cheese or greek yogurt instead of nonfat yogurt that I have or put some nuts on top in the morning (I usually add almonds). Putting fruit on it makes it (in my opinion) sweet enough to not need sugar.
    You could use fewer oats to lower carbs but then it gets more watery and isn't as filling, I think. I also use almondmilk to avoid excess carbs.

Recipe I used today:
    1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
    1/2 cup oats
    1/2 cup unsweetened almondmilk
    4 oz blackberries
    1/4 cup almonds

406 Calories total
  • austinartgirl
    austinartgirl Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I love quinoa for breakfast. Search for quinoa porridge. Yum.
  • mikeski52
    mikeski52 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My usual breakfast is a half cup of Great Grains Protein Blend cereal, a cup of Safeway-brand high-protein milk, and a serving of vanilla-flavored whey protein powder. 330 calories, 43g protein.
  • danielleb886
    danielleb886 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    yogurt and granola, Kashi cereal tends to be high in protein, smoothies, add turkey bacon or turkey sausage links to a breakfast to increase protein or I personally love this recipe: http://thecozyapron.com/a-cozy-fall-breakfast-autumn-sweet-potato-hash-a-vibrantly-comforting-morning-companion/
    ...anyways, I hope this all helps!!
  • californiansun
    californiansun Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    bbontheb wrote: »
    May I ask if you can eat egg whites? The fat content in eating 2 eggs (10g fat) plus other food for me at one sitting makes me sick...(ibs, etc). I can tolerate egg whites though which have a lot of protein!

A regular meal of mine is my breakie bowl. Egg whites 1/2c, 1/2 ccooked chicken, stir fried zuke, spinach, topped with raw chopped colourful peppers and tomatoes (big bowl full) Rice vinegar on top. Lots of protein, under 300 cals.

I'll try them again, but last time I did I was ill! I had my gallbladder removed (hormones were attacking it), so maybe my body is adjusted to egg whites now! I have IBS also, plus can't eat a lot of fat so I have some problems haha.

Thank you all for these amazing suggestions! Keep them coming!

On a side note, I would like traditional breakfast food, because I am beyond sick of chicken + veggies for lunch and dinner, so mixing it up would be good!