Advocare 24 Day Challenge??

Options

Replies

• flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    My 2 sisters tried it. One's stomach got so messed up from the drinks and such that she had to stop. The other one did it for a whole then stopped because it's just not sustainable. Plus, I hear the drinks are so artificial...
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    draznyth wrote: »
    gd these threads never stop coming :confounded:

Seriously...MFP should open a new forum area and call it "I'll do anything except work hard to lose weight".
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »
    So I actually did the 24-Day Challenge with a friend.

Before I wised up and did research on nutrition, I fell into the shiny-new-toy trap of Advocare, forked over a few hundred dollars and participated in the 24-Day-Challenge. Hey, if Drew Brees pimps that crap out, why wouldn't it work? (Coming from a Cheesehead, I understand how odd the previous sentence can be).

Oh my, Drew Brees did this??? I'm crushed! I looked it up on google and shore 'nuff, he's a spokesman for AdvoCare. I'm from New Orleans and a die-hard Saints fan and have a poster of the Times-Picayune headlines when we won the Super Bowl with Drew Brees's picture. I am so broken hearted now!
  • kelli120768
    kelli120768 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been on Advocare products for a year and a half and have lost and have kept off 110 pounds. Supplements can seem expensive to some people but I weighed the cost of doctors visits for health related problems from being over weight and I figured I would rather spend the money on products that help me lose weight and for once in my life have made me happy because I've finally taken off the weight.
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I have done it a couple times. The first time got me going in the right direction and I lost 70 lbs (not in the 24 days, but over the course of a year). They are expensive. I stopped taking the MNS 3 about a year ago and recently started up again. I feel less tired and less "snacky" on them. I also love the catalyst before workouts.
  • Whittedo
    Whittedo Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    gd these threads never stop coming :confounded:

MFP can get a bit like Groundhog Day

ncdhx2g6ocp0.gif

• randisaucier
    randisaucier Posts: 178 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Advocare is not a starvation diet, nor an easy way out. You eat plenty and exercise. Educate yourselves about products before you jump on the "anti" product band wagon. We all have our own reasons we need to lose weight and it's not a once size fits all. I HATE the negativity on MFP!!
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Well...thank goodness you bumped a 2+ week old thread to add that!
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »

lmao right?

she had to step in and keep the thread alive apparently since she obviously supports this crap
  • FitForL1fe
    Options

lmao right?

she had to step in and keep the thread alive apparently since she obviously supports this crap

I half suspect these posts are by paid marketeers or distributors selling the stuff, TBH.

well since this is a multi-level marketing system, almost (if not all) people using it are also selling it. just like Visalus, HerbaLife, etc.
  • sofaking6
    Options

lmao right?

I half suspect these posts are by paid marketeers or distributors selling the stuff, TBH.

I completely suspect that all of them are.
  • sofaking6
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »

lmao right?

Makes sense, really. There are so many of them and they don't really ask for anything other than positive statements about the product/scam.

Very few people can afford to use these products without also selling them. That's the entire business right there. Just keep pushing that problem onto new people and the bottom of the pyramid keeps growing.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »
    So I actually did the 24-Day Challenge with a friend.

Before I wised up and did research on nutrition, I fell into the shiny-new-toy trap of Advocare, forked over a few hundred dollars and participated in the 24-Day-Challenge. Hey, if Drew Brees pimps that crap out, why wouldn't it work? (Coming from a Cheesehead, I understand how odd the previous sentence can be).

Hell yes...I was going to do the *kitten* out of this challenge. I was going to lose weight. I was going to be svelte and awesome and kickass and stuff.

Sure I lost some weight, but since I was eating total crap beforehand and not really working out, any change in my diet would have resulted in weight loss (newb gainz!).

I'm raising my hand and admitting that I was once one of those naive fools who fell into the "OMG YOU NEED TO CLEANSE THE TOXINS!!!!" trap. But then I read a book, talked to some people, realized that I was so completely lost and was just following on the heels of the pretty pictures of Instagram and Pinterest and the sad, overpromising claims of products.

And the first 10 days of the Advocare challenge is a "cleanse". Which you can save yourself some money on and either not do a cleanse because they're just a buzzword to make uninformed people all excited and feel like they're doing something good for their bodies... or you can buy a lot of Metamucil. A lot.

Again...cleanses aren't necessary. The only time you need to detox is if you're binging on meth and booger sugar. And then you've got way more issues than MFP can help you solve.

The following 14-days consist of taking horse-pills that I honestly have no idea what they were doing for my body, eating low-fat, high protein foods with tons of veggies, and practically mainlining Advocare Spark (i.e. *kitten* pre-workout) on the daily.

My recommendation: buy a food scale, do a bit of research on nutrition and save yourself the hundreds of dollars you're going to spend on the challenge. If you like the idea of having a meal plan and a structured program, there are TONS of free meal-plans and workout guides online.

Honestly, I could have spent that money on some new workout gear, a massage, an extra car note, or the underwater MP3 player that I'm currently drooling over (long distance swims get boring).

TL;DR: I spent too much money on the Advocare Challenge. I wised up and learned that there are no such things as detoxes and cleanses. Now I eat real food and spend my money on other things... like hookers and blow.

Just kidding about the hookers and blow.

Kinda.

ilu.
  • FitForL1fe
    Options

lmao right?

Makes sense, really. There are so many of them and they don't really ask for anything other than positive statements about the product/scam.

Very few people can afford to use these products without also selling them. That's the entire business right there. Just keep pushing that problem onto new people and the bottom of the pyramid keeps growing.

I have family members who have been selling MLM *kitten* since back in the days of Avon and it infuriates me...

My mom called me up a few weeks ago telling me I could pack on 20# of muscle with this new program (Visalus, lol)...

They get a "discount" based on the "tier" they reach (i.e. how much money they convince other people to waste on a monthly basis).
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I really dont care for advocare but i will say the person who left a really nice weather resistant fleece advocare sweatshirt in my rental car was really nice. it worked well at keeping me warm on my recent camping trip.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Advocare is not a starvation diet, nor an easy way out. You eat plenty and exercise. Educate yourselves about products before you jump on the "anti" product band wagon. We all have our own reasons we need to lose weight and it's not a once size fits all. I HATE the negativity on MFP!!

Bye, Felicia.