I ran!!!

Options

Replies

• buttrfli322
    buttrfli322 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    SWEEEEETTT!!!!!! That is so awesome! Try running outside...I find it more motivating and more enjoyable! Keep it up!
  • shrinkingbrian
    shrinkingbrian Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    That's great! Just be careful with running because it can cause injuries and is hard on the joints.
  • moribunny
    moribunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    That is truly wonderful. Congratulations!
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    That's great! Just be careful with running because it can cause injuries and is hard on the joints.

This is why I have not previously pushed myself very much! I have been so scared. But so far so good. Definitely going to be doing it slowly!

To everyone else OMG THANK YOU ALL FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART! I never expected such love from the MFP'ers!!! You guys seriously rock!
  • DaveAkeman
    DaveAkeman Posts: 296 Member
    Options

This is why I have not previously pushed myself very much! I have been so scared. But so far so good. Definitely going to be doing it slowly!

To everyone else OMG THANK YOU ALL FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART! I never expected such love from the MFP'ers!!! You guys seriously rock!

Good job!

And, about the injury thing . . . if you have weak or bad joints or feel any odd pain, you should definitely take that into consideration. But other than that, what do you think is worse on your joints - running (which will also STRENGTHEN your joints, by the way), or carrying lots of extra weight around all day?

When I first started, my wife kept saying she was worried that I would get injured running or hiking. I told her I would much rather break a leg while running or fall down a cliff while hiking than have a heart attack while sitting on the couch with my hand in a bowl of nachos.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    LOL @DaveAkeman , my daughter pitched a fit when I told her last fall I wanted to start running. All she saw at work were the runners coming in with an injury or somesuch. To keep her mind at ease, I took an eight week Learn To Run class. One of the most helpful classes I've ever taken. Yup, lots of running is planning and injury prevention. Don't skip my stretches!
  • DaveAkeman
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I took an eight week Learn To Run class.

That sounds interesting; I've never heard of such a thing. Where did you find a class like this???
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    The local Running Room stores run the classes. Win-win, the stores gain themselves a whole new bunch of fanatics.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Way to go, it will get easier!
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Stick with it and you will be amazed at what your body can do. I do not exaggerate when I say that C25K changed my life, and my husband's as well!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    jrline wrote: »
    congrats beware though jogging/running is addictive

29509743.png

Very Addictive!!!!

OP congrats that is amazing!!!!

• DaveAkeman
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    jrline wrote: »
    congrats beware though jogging/running is addictive

29509743.png

Very Addictive!!!!

OP congrats that is amazing!!!!

I'm not so sure about that. I've been running, but I'm pretty sure I could stop any time I want to!!!
  • KrissyRawrz
    KrissyRawrz Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Awww well done! :) I've always found running one of the hardest exercises x
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Yay! Another C25K-er! And congrats, btw. If you'd like a new runner friend just add me. I'm on week 5.
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    Options
    DaveAkeman wrote: »

Good job!

And, about the injury thing . . . if you have weak or bad joints or feel any odd pain, you should definitely take that into consideration. But other than that, what do you think is worse on your joints - running (which will also STRENGTHEN your joints, by the way), or carrying lots of extra weight around all day?

When I first started, my wife kept saying she was worried that I would get injured running or hiking. I told her I would much rather break a leg while running or fall down a cliff while hiking than have a heart attack while sitting on the couch with my hand in a bowl of nachos.

You are right and truly after 114 pounds lost I am doing so much better than I was before. I wasnt sore or anything the next day. (which every attempt previously was...) I will continue and I will master this!
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    Options
    GingerSka wrote: »
    Yay! Another C25K-er! And congrats, btw. If you'd like a new runner friend just add me. I'm on week 5.

Ok thanks so much! Which app did you use? This way I am sure to find you! :)
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    Options
    Way to go! Stick with it and you will be amazed at what your body can do. I do not exaggerate when I say that C25K changed my life, and my husband's as well!

Thanks so much! My son will be doing it with me!
  • sgirl2009
    sgirl2009 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Very proud of you :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!