Options
JSC145
JSC145 Posts: 79 Member
I regret the 700 calorie costco muffin I had this morning

Replies

• liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    It's been eaten. Log it and move on. Holding on to the negative feeling would only set me up to eat even worse the rest of the day (or even week). Don't regret what you can't change, just do better next time.
  • HappyNinjaStar
    HappyNinjaStar Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    It's been eaten. Log it and move on. Holding on to the negative feeling would only set me up to eat even worse the rest of the day (or even week). Don't regret what you can't change, just do better next time.

Agreed. I've done the same thing, gotten a muffin which I knew wasn't a great choice, but then really really regretted it after I realized just how many calories I actually consumed. But it does serve a useful purpose. Now you really know how bad those things are for you, and in the future you can make better choices.
  • Sparks_wife2013
    Sparks_wife2013 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You can do extra exercise to make up for the calories
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I had a piece of coffee cake, I should have just had half a piece, but............I didn't. It's logged and i'm moving on. Just gotta make better choices for lunch and maybe take a bike ride if it's not raining.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    OP check your relationships with food. Unless you mean it tasted god awful and you found out how high in calories it was.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    i used to regret eating things. I mean, look, if there is free pizza at work, then odds are i'm going to eat a whole box. nothing makes me hungrier than the word "free."

But then i realized i have 2 choices, i could a) beat myself up over it. tell myself i screwed up and continue down the spiral or b) put in a little extra work, make allowances for it in my later meals, or even meals the following day and stay the course.

now i choose b.

a 1,200 calorie Chipotle burrito, a night of drinking, and even a 700 calorie biscuit are nothing but teeny blips on the overall arc of my eating lifestyle.

I hope it had bacon and cheese on it. :-)
  • downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Someone wise taught me to log it before I eat it...that has helped me to stop and decide whether it is really something I want that bad or not.
    If I decide to eat it, then at least it is an informed decision.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    If it's really bothering you that much, try to go for a brisk walk/jog to burn off some of the calories. Otherwise, it's done and you can choose to do better from now on :)
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Someone wise taught me to log it before I eat it...that has helped me to stop and decide whether it is really something I want that bad or not.
    If I decide to eat it, then at least it is an informed decision.

I agree! Sometimes, just seeing the calories will make me avoid it - or more likely, only take a bit of whatever it is. But log first!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Log it then forget it. If you run out of calories and are hungry get walking around the block to free up some calories :) Simple CICO.
  • Bobbie63
    Bobbie63 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I saw a diet counselor once and she would say Ok Bobbie, look, it's toast or its bier, somedays its going to be toast and some days its going to be bier, it's choices. Most months, toast wins, but Sept-Oktober, all bets are off and it's bier. :)
  • Picchickolo
    Picchickolo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Did it taste good? Then don't regret it. Log it and move on, as others have said. Then come up with a plan for next time. If the muffin was good enough to repeat maybe cut it in fourths and have a fourth with some eggs. That way you don't deny yourself something but at the same time your not eating 700 calories of not good stuff.
  • JSC145
    JSC145 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    It was yummy... =)
    Before I started logging on MFP, I wouldn't have even looked to see that it was 700 calories and I would've just gone my merry way eating the same way for the rest of the day. The good news is, now that I know I just consumed 700 calories in one sitting, I

A) know NOT to eat the whole muffin
    B) know that I only have a limited number of calories for the rest of the day
    C) need to go for a run

Thanks, guys
  • ems212
    ems212 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    i used to regret eating things. I mean, look, if there is free pizza at work, then odds are i'm going to eat a whole box. nothing makes me hungrier than the word "free."

But then i realized i have 2 choices, i could a) beat myself up over it. tell myself i screwed up and continue down the spiral or b) put in a little extra work, make allowances for it in my later meals, or even meals the following day and stay the course.

now i choose b.

a 1,200 calorie Chipotle burrito, a night of drinking, and even a 700 calorie biscuit are nothing but teeny blips on the overall arc of my eating lifestyle.

I hope it had bacon and cheese on it. :-)

Agreed. There are days I know I'm not going to eat the greatest. But those days are once in a while and I don't dwell on them. I get right back to it the next day. Each day is another chance to get it right.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    JSC145 wrote: »
    I regret the 700 calorie costco muffin I had this morning
    mines was 660 cals a chocolate chip fudge muffin i ate for breakfast

Agreed. I've done the same thing, gotten a muffin which I knew wasn't a great choice, but then really really regretted it after I realized just how many calories I actually consumed. But it does serve a useful purpose. Now you really know how bad those things are for you, and in the future you can make better choices.
    right :/ i ate a 660 cal muffin for breakfast (chocolate chip kind) did not benefit me what so ever i did'nt feel
    energized or anything good after it .only thing it have is >good taste<. i said to myself ill have to try buying them only once a month they dont help me to feel healthy at all for my day just leave me hungry and i screw up my calorie goal a bit fooling around with it because of hunger right after it.
  • scotvalkyrie
    scotvalkyrie Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    So ... if you drop an egg on the floor, do you automatically throw the rest of the dozen on the floor too?

No, right? Throwing eggs around doesn't make sense, so why do the same thing with your feelings about what you ate? There is no failure, there is just feedback. So you now have to work around how that 700 calories works into your day or your week with the rest of the calories you're allotted. Maybe you walk for an extra twenty minutes or you eat vegetarian tonight ...