Not sure what I am doing wrong

Options
2»

Replies

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    First, your numbers all look off. 2 eggs are only 100 cals... and bacon... those should be up around 200-400 mark... also the chicken... and there is a lot more fat in these items then your diary shows as well. That is a LOT of food. I could not eat that amount of food and lose and I am quite active. I would certainly gain weight. That's way too many cals for you at your size.

that's not necessarily true. My large eggs are 70 cal a piece and my bacon is 60-90cal for 14g (two to three strips) depending on the brand.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    First, your numbers all look off. 2 eggs are only 100 cals... and bacon... those should be up around 200-400 mark... also the chicken... and there is a lot more fat in these items then your diary shows as well. That is a LOT of food. I could not eat that amount of food and lose and I am quite active. I would certainly gain weight. That's way too many cals for you at your size.

that's not necessarily true. My large eggs are 70 cal a piece and my bacon is 60-90cal for 14g (two to three strips) depending on the brand.

mines the same..... and i weigh everything by the gram. ive never had a single egg over 80 calories. i think the last bacon i had came in around 40 cals for the slice? something like that.
  • mojojojo222
    mojojojo222 Posts: 7 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Well, all I know is, that I am using the right numbers and I am losing weight. 2 eggs were almost 200 and 3 strips of (thick cut) bacon were around 200... etc.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Well, all I know is, that I am using the right numbers and I am losing weight. 2 eggs were almost 200 and 3 strips of (thick cut) bacon were around 200... etc.

I don't doubt that. I did too and hit my goal and am working on recomp. And I agree that OP needs to make sure her logging is tight. There's just a wide variety of food brands and similar types that it's difficult to tell something is off at a quick glance. Especially since there are people from different countries here. I know Canadians and Brits often say bacon and mean back bacon which is about 200+ a slice while Americans bacon is a different cut all together with fewer calories.

Both taste awesome though! :)
  • tonyalynn26
    tonyalynn26 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »

I don't doubt that. I did too and hit my goal and am working on recomp. And I agree that OP needs to make sure her logging is tight. There's just a wide variety of food brands and similar types that it's difficult to tell something is off at a quick glance. Especially since there are people from different countries here. I know Canadians and Brits often say bacon and mean back bacon which is about 200+ a slice while Americans bacon is a different cut all together with fewer calories.

Both taste awesome though! :)
    I am pulling all the info from the food labels of the specific brands I use! I use a food scale for all my solids! So maybe I am just eating too much!