I've been lying to my self and others

Options
Bolipm
Bolipm Posts: 17 Member
My confession, so for that pass month i gain roughly 7 lbs, I'm so frustrate I feel like I have no motivation one year ago I started my new life journey I've had lost 64 lbs but this pass to months been hell I don't seem to go back to eating less exercise more oh that another thing I don't exercise like I use to, I just don't want to go back to my old habits please help any advice?

Replies

• wjhillton
    wjhillton Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    No advice, but plenty of love and support. You can be strong and healthy. YOu're already terrific!
  • sgirl2009
    sgirl2009 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Think about how far you have already come and how great it feels to be 64 lbs lighter! Think about how upsetting it is to know that you're gaining weight. This should help you strive for a better lifestyle :) I believe in you, and I know you can do this! Congratulations on your weight loss by the way! Keep up the good work.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    double post
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    kevcren wrote: »
    Bolipm wrote: »
    My confession, so for that pass month i gain roughly 7 lbs, I'm so frustrate I feel like I have no motivation one year ago I started my new life journey I've had lost 64 lbs but this pass to months been hell I don't seem to go back to eating less exercise more oh that another thing I don't exercise like I use to, I just don't want to go back to my old habits please help any advice?

i understand completely! What is your current goal? cause youve had awesome results so far! facebook.com/kevincrenshaw123 and we can talk more! DONT GIVE UP

and how much do you charge for "talks"
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    kevcren wrote: »
    Bolipm wrote: »

i understand completely! What is your current goal? cause youve had awesome results so far! facebook.com/kevincrenshaw123 and we can talk more! DONT GIVE UP

and how much do you charge for "talks"

My thoughts exactly!! Let me guess kevincrenshaw , your a coach and can help her by selling overpriced low quality products??
  • minkky
    minkky Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    wjhillton wrote: »
    No advice, but plenty of love and support. You can be strong and healthy. YOu're already terrific!

What she said. You can find that inner strength. You can do this. We all believe in you
    Sounds like you need some tlc and a good shoulder to lean on.
  • mr_smuts
    mr_smuts Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Everyone is going to gain back some weight from time to time. The biggest thing is to never lose sight of what you have accomplished thus far. You just need to find something new to help motivate yourself. I know exactly what you are going through. I had lost 80 pounds and then over a 4 month time frame gained 35 back. I found new reasoning to to lose the weight. I have dropped 27 of those pounds I had gained.
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Same. I lost almost 60 lbs. Then around Christmas, went off track, and have been off and on ever since (mostly off) I gained back 15 lbs. I've just gotten back on track. I think the fact that I got rid of all my bigger clothes, and now have nothing to wear is what was my deciding factor. No way am I going back and buying 2x again. So, you're not alone. Just find whatever it takes to get you going again
  • gonebeast
    gonebeast Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    When I stop working out I actually loose weight but my muscles get all saggy.
    This journey is not about losing weight. Its about developing will power, discipline and perseverance. Its about health. Losing weight is a bonus !
  • tbokry79
    tbokry79 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I understand where you are. While I don't have any tried and true tips. Please know it's a journey and sometimes we have to pause and reevaluate things. You will get there. Don't let the negative self talk stop you... (((hugs)))
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Just do what needs to be done. Like paying your bills or doing dishes, you don't have to be inspired or motivated or ecstatic over the activity of paying your bills or doing the dishes. You just do it because it has to be done and cuz if you don't do it you know you'll have an unholy, possibly life-ruining, mess to deal with down the road for allowing a problem to get out of control.

We can't be inspired or enthusiastic all the time in order to do what needs to be done.
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    wjhillton wrote: »
    This ^
  • Allterrain_Lady
    Allterrain_Lady Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    First, congratulations on the great great loss. Even if you regained 7lbs, that still is 57lbs gone! HUGE victory.
    Second, if you regained weight, that means it's been lost in the first place. Hence, it can be lost again. You obviously know what works for you.
    Third, remember this is a lifelong journey, not just a quick fix. It takes time and there is bound to be some ups and downs.
    My advice is to take some time to recognize what happened and why. We don't struggle because of lazyness or because we suck at weight loss.
    It's Mind Over Matter here.
    Maybe life was hard and healthy food choices/workouts had to take the back seat. It happens. And it is way harder to get back on track than staying on it. Everyone had to go through this, at some point. And lots and lots of people overcame it.
    It can be done.
    Just start again, with all your knowledge. What happened last month doesn't define you. Your next decisions will shape your future. Make it a great one.
    Here for you if needed!
    Vanessa
  • rd82716
    rd82716 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    The best advice out there is to write it down. Be honest and give yourself small goals that you can check off and get some traction with.
  • dbarnes724
    dbarnes724 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself about it, be proud of the weight you have lost. Make a new goal and find new motivation. You can do this. Weight loss is a life journey, just don't give up.
  • TheRoseRoss
    TheRoseRoss Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I read this recently and thought it said it better than I ever thought to:

You’re thinking about the outcome, not the process

Break it down into habits that are achievable and will contribute to each step. Rather than making it our goal to [enter goal], make it our goal that by next week we will be eating protein at every meal.

This is specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time constrained. You can complete this goal, then we can add another habit which will be done across the board – let’s make it veggies at each meal, then drink 2L of water per day, sleep at least 7 hours as a priority, and so on until we have a whole load of healthy habits which have formed into a full-on healthy lifestyle.

All of a sudden we're losing fat like nobody’s business because he has automatically reduced his caloric intake, and increased his activity levels, and when he DOES lose the fat he will keep it off because he has the skills to do so. That, you see, is the MAIN problem with outcome-based goals: They leave room for a ‘what now?’ moment.

Make it your goal to lose fat, buy Herbalife and live on that for 6 months, you lost fat. Now what?

Or, it’s your aim to lose fat so you make it your goal to eat protein at each meal, then to cook for yourself 90% of the time, then to eat veggies at every meal which take up half of the plate, then to eat mindfully and focus on your food, stopping when satisfied, then to order a black coffee rather than a Caramel Latte, then to…

Suddenly the fat is gone and you know how it happened. Suddenly you’re in a better position to move forward. Suddenly your goals are taking you towards your overall aim.

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I suggest you need to change something up. Either an eating habit or an exercise. Brainstorm a possible solution and commit to it for a week. Re-evaluate in a week and if it is working, add another new habit. If it didn't work, change something else.

My biggest challenge is boredom. If I catch myself getting bored, I change something.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I suggest you need to change something up. Either an eating habit or an exercise. Brainstorm a possible solution and commit to it for a week. Re-evaluate in a week and if it is working, add another new habit. If it didn't work, change something else.

My biggest challenge is boredom. If I catch myself getting bored, I change something.

I have also found that finding some new things to try can be a good re-kick-starter for me. New exercise, new recipes, new workout clothes, new songs on the playlist. Just the process of looking for these things can help the mind focus again.

• Bolipm
    Bolipm Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for your awesome words of advices.:)
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Lourdesong wrote: »
    Just do what needs to be done. Like paying your bills or doing dishes, you don't have to be inspired or motivated or ecstatic over the activity of paying your bills or doing the dishes. You just do it because it has to be done and cuz if you don't do it you know you'll have an unholy, possibly life-ruining, mess to deal with down the road for allowing a problem to get out of control.

We can't be inspired or enthusiastic all the time in order to do what needs to be done.

Very insightful! Doing what you need to do whether you enjoy it or not is part of being a responsible adult. Kids typically only want to do things enjoyable or if they are psyched up for the task at hand, but the adult mentality is one of responsibility. These forums are full of people who have lost incredible amounts of weight despite having serious physical health issues, mental health issues and other personal issues, but they took responsibility for themselves and just started doing what they needed to do. I wish that I had come to this conclusion much earlier....I would have saved myself a lot of heartache.