What is the Egg diet? Has anyone heard of it?

lexy83
lexy83 Posts: 122 Member
What is the Egg diet? Has anyone heard of it? I am doing the Low-Carb diet but this one sounds like its the same type of diet but stricker.

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    Any diet where certain foods are absolutely prohibited is not sustainable, quick weight loss = yo yo dieting.

Been there, done that and had to buy the XL t-shirt.
  • tingtongabc123
    tingtongabc123 Posts: 17 Member
    I am doing it with my husband atm. I love it! I do crave a lot of things that are absolutely prohibited but i never ever feel hungry! Although there is some limitations on the amounts some days, most of the days you can eat as much as you want it just tells you what you should eat. It's rich on protein and has a lot of vegetables and fruits in it.
    My friend lost 22kg on it (he started at 86kg and went down to 64) and did not get it back. You just have to eat healthy, drink a lot of water and keep exercising after the diet. You can do 2weeks, 4 weeks, 6 weeks or 8 weeks but then you need to give your body a rest for at least half of a year before you can repeat it. I think this diet suits more people that want to loose a lot rather than a couple of kilo's.

PS: We just started and after the 4th day I lost 2kg, sure most of it is water in the first week but my body fat is down from 48% to 46.9% which is a great result to me already.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member
    3-Cool-Hand-Luke-quotes.gif
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Hmmm... your house must be stinky.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Just curious but do you eat mostly eggs on it or only eggs?
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    If you're following a "diet" that prohibits foods or hails one food as a super magical weight loss food, you're wasting your time.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    I like eggs.

That's all I've got.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    This sounds like a different egg diet than the one I've heard of before, which was the keto egg fast one with just eggs and butter.

What's this one?

I love eggs, but loathe fad diets.
  • tingtongabc123
    I love eggs, so I don't think I eat more eggs during this diet than normally.
    You are prohibited any grains, oils/fats, sugars. Which are in certain amounts already in the foods that are allowed. Also it is prohibited to swich, add or remove anything from the diet, because it supposed to work because of "chemical reactions" in your body.
    I couldn't find the version of the diet i'm doing on the internet, but my diary is open and you can see how much and what i ate.
    Some days you are allowed to eat one type of vegetable as much as you want, an other it tells you what exactly is for breakfast lunch and dinner. for example today my meal plan is:
    Breakfast:
    1-2 Eggs, Half of a grapefruit
    Lunch:
    Any type of fruit as much as I want (except: banana, dried fruits, grapes, figs, mango)
    Dinner:
    Lean meet as much as you want (beef, lamb)

So I personally don't feel limited at all, and very happy about results already
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Ok...I eat only an hard boiled egg in the morning too Does that mean I have been doing the egg diet all along?
  • tingtongabc123
    love your sarcasm...
    no, its a very strict meal plan and if you fail on something you have to start from the beginning, so -no you are not. there is much more to it than just eggs.
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member

Didn't we get to where we are by eating however much we want of stuff?

I give it till the weekend before someone asks opinions in the cabbage soup diet or banana island diet.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Any diet where certain foods are absolutely prohibited is not sustainable, quick weight loss = yo yo dieting.

Been there, done that and had to buy the XL t-shirt.

This!!10000000%
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member
    Only 2 eggs a day? That's no egg diet! What kind of shonky naming convention has been used here. It may as well be the grapefruit diet, or the "eat as much meat as you want for dinner" diet.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    look up the ibreatheimhungry egg fast :)
  • jonrenly
    jonrenly Posts: 116 Member
    This sounds like a different egg diet than the one I've heard of before, which was the keto egg fast one with just eggs and butter.

What's this one?

I love eggs, but loathe fad diets.

wow that sounds ridiculous. Sounds like the high cholesterol and a heart attack diet.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
  • tingtongabc123
    I don't want to argue with anyone, I just tell about my little success at the start of the road.
    I personally got here through my very hard and complicated pregnancy, where I put on 40 kg! And I know this diet worked perfectly on my friend and i am already seeing results and feeling great
  • tingtongabc123
    Only 2 eggs a day? That's no egg diet! What kind of shonky naming convention has been used here. It may as well be the grapefruit diet, or the "eat as much meat as you want for dinner" diet.

no on other days its 4, and I obviously didn't name the diet. I believe some people call it egg& grapefruit diet. But how does it matter anyway? and its not always meat, every day is different, sometimes its fish sometimes cottage cheese sometimes vegetables. but you have always eggs but in the week 3 where you have a rest of eggs.
  • tingtongabc123

Didn't we get to where we are by eating however much we want of stuff?

Well it's not just how much you eat it is also what you eat. This is the principal of this diet.
    And anyway, why do I have to sound like I'm selling it? If you don't like it or don't think it would work for you, then just go past, why do you have to make it bad for others? If you knew "best" you wouldn't be here.
    so much negativity here.
    I am just sharing with those who want to give it a try and think this diet will suit them, that's all.