Where are all the coffee lovers?

Options
13»

Replies

• gpjuicy69
    gpjuicy69 Posts: 20
    Options
    Love coffee I drink way too much which is probably terrible. Starbucks is my favorite, try to stay away from the white mocha so yummy but not too good for you for a grande non fat no whip is around 350cal but can't hurt to try it once :)
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    consider yourself fortunate you don't have creamer. in America, that extra "er" at the end of "cream" basically means "not cream, and probably not even dairy". I mean, they used to call it coffee "whitener"...mmmmm, appetizing. I sometimes still see packets of "whitener" at ball parks and such.

It's fun when you're in the mood to play with fire. That stuff burns! I like to sprinkle it in the camp fire.
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Total coffee junkie here. I'm drinking 2 pots on a normal day. Sometimes more.
  • mrk34
    mrk34 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Another coffee lover here.

I love Starbuck coffee and used to have 3-4 Starbucks each day. A year ago I got very strong motivation to make immediate changes in what I eat. I also stopped drinking coffee then. I quickly lost 46 pounds. The first few weeks the coffee part was the most difficult for me.

For ten months I didn’t drink coffee. Two months ago I started to cheat and became less restrictive with coffee drinking. Some weeks I drink a cup of coffee five days a week, some once or twice.

I noticed that my weight loss slows down when I drink coffee. Did anybody observe the same?
  • AndrewBaker
    AndrewBaker Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I love coffee also ,but I don't drink major coffee brands like Dunkin Doughnuts or Starbucks. I just like brewing a pot of Folgers coffee. My #1 favorite flavor of coffee is Folgers Breakfast Blend. :happy:
  • FieryNikkie
    FieryNikkie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Another coffee lover here.

I love Starbuck coffee and used to have 3-4 Starbucks each day. A year ago I got very strong motivation to make immediate changes in what I eat. I also stopped drinking coffee then. I quickly lost 46 pounds. The first few weeks the coffee part was the most difficult for me.

For ten months I didn’t drink coffee. Two months ago I started to cheat and became less restrictive with coffee drinking. Some weeks I drink a cup of coffee five days a week, some once or twice.

I noticed that my weight loss slows down when I drink coffee. Did anybody observe the same?

Are you adding a lot of sweetener or milk to your coffee because that would account for the extra calories and sugar. Otherwise plain black coffee only has a few calories a cup so I'm sure that wouldn't be a reason for a major slow down.
  • FieryNikkie
    FieryNikkie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am also a huge coffee lover! Every morning I drink about half a pot. Usually it is Seattle's Best or Maxwell House. I usually go to Starbucks twice a week and get a skinny caramel macchiato with an extra shot. I will say that if I just want regular coffee while I'm out I prefer Dunkin Donuts.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I love coffee. I drink mine kinda plain, though. I like it with half and half and splenda. No flavors, etc. Also, my very favorite coffee comes from a local convenience store (believe it or not). It is called Sheetz. I only drink it in the morning, but I drink about a half of a pot. I know there are many nay-sayers who will tell me the splenda is horrible, but I don't care. This is what I like! :wink:
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not...I LOVE McDonald's Coffee!!!!

Me too! My favorite comes from Sheetz, but when I am out of town and there is no Sheetz, I always hit McDonalds! :wink:
  • ktspac
    ktspac Posts: 32
    Options
    I love coffee but have been trying to limit it to 2 LARGE cups a day and switched to fat free flavored creamers.

I really really wanted a coconut mocha frappuccino at starbucks in target the other day but convinced myself it really wasn't worth all the calories.

it's hard - i miss my starbucks but i can eat so much more if i skip it
  • rschmmidt
    rschmmidt Posts: 296
    Options
    We're here in Seattle!

Been going black these days, but gotta have at least 2 cups every morning. Get the good stuff, it's worth it!
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    I stopped drinking ALL caffeine then my Mum sent me up a sack full of different cafetiere coffee (including pina colada!). Doh! I love them, so try and have 1 every other day.

I love Costa, the coffee they use is much nicer than Starbucks.