All boiled chicken diet....

Options
I eat boiled chicken like it going out of style...alot of it in sandwiches....anyone ever do this kind of diet?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    It's only a "boiled chicken diet" if that's all you eat....

I prefer to eat a variety of proteins cooked in different ways
  • ihatetodietalways
    ihatetodietalways Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Cut your carbs (sandwich bread) and put that chicken in a bit of a salad or veggies with some butter. If you dont have hypercholesterolemia, I suggest you cut the carbs and increase your saturated fat from organic meat and grass-fed butter as well as fatty fish of course.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    breasts? thiiiiiiiiiiiighssssss
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Cut your carbs (sandwich bread) and put that chicken in a bit of a salad or veggies with some butter. If you dont have hypercholesterolemia, I suggest you cut the carbs and increase your saturated fat from organic meat and grass-fed butter as well as fatty fish of course.

LOLZZZZZZ

I don't see how this thread is even remotely about carbs...
  • Sutnak
    Sutnak Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    At leats go with pork, it's better for you.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a wretched way to live. I stay in my calories and eat many different foods: lean meats, veggies, fruits, dairy, whole grains, well-prepared sauces, wine, dark chocolate. If I lived on boiled chicken, well. . . I can't even contemplate that.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options

781592d1363530457-ride-your-birthday-suit-birthday-thread-5f600f89_not-sure-if-serious.jpeg
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of chicken. It's inexpensive, easy to prepare, and really versatile. I do lots of stuff in the crock pot, but I also lightly spray it with olive oil, season it, and bake it. Super easy. But boiled?? Sounds unappetizing.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    turn that *kitten* down to a simmer and poach it instead for maximum gains

er, flavor

whatever
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Some people do very well eating the same thing every day. It helps them stay focused on the calories.
    They switch it up when they get tired of it.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I'm on the chicken feet diet. They are difficult to swallow and a little scratchy going down but very low calorie.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    I loved grilled chicken, smoked chicken and occasionally fried chicken. Boiled chicken? No thanks.
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    draznyth wrote: »
    breasts? thiiiiiiiiiiiighssssss

Agreed. I ditched chicken breasts a long time ago.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Now I have The Lonely Island's Boombox stuck in my head.

"The cops or the dealers, who's got the juice?
    The street vendors peddling their boiled goose."
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I had boiled chicken without salt but with mushy vegetables six months ago, and I still feel a bit nauseated whenever something reminds me of the experience. Like now :s

Reading threads in here, one can assume that lots of people follow - or try to follow - restricted diets. Without a true medical need, that is just stupid.

No, wait... it's ridiculous, too.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    That does not sound like a very fun diet. If it's not delicious, why bother? There are too many other yummy things to eat!
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    RaspberryTickleChicken Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I eat boiled chicken like it going out of style...alot of it in sandwiches....anyone ever do this kind of diet?

First of all you're in the Maintaining section of the boards where people have already reached their goals!

Second of all if you can maintain the odd restrictive eating regiment for the rest of your life and it works for you then go for it.

But the key to weight loss is not about limiting your food options to 1 or 2 things. It should be about educating yourself on proper nutrition so that you can not only reach your goal but maintain it. Losing weight is easy Thousands of people do it But keeping it off for any length of time is the tricky part.

Good luck!
  • fitnurse09
    fitnurse09 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    lol I laugh because I too make a lot of boiled chicken! I season mine with Adobo, (an essential seasoning in Spanish Caribbean and Latin American kitchens), peppers, cilantro etc. Mine tastes great but I have to watch my portions due to sodium intake. Love this with a side of rice and beans. Must be a latin thing.