Sugar Cravings

Options
2»

Replies

• bc119
    bc119 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    @original poster: are you breastfeeding? If yes, your sugar cravings could be hormonal. I have a 5 month old & I've been pumping & I now have the biggest sweet tooth (which I did not have before pregnancy).

I also read if you're craving sugar you could be lacking something else that your body needs (i.e. dehydrated and need more water or need to eat more protein, etc.)

Sorry I don't have food suggestions - I'm trying to figure out these cravings as well! :-)

I am hoping cleaning up my diet will help or that the cravings will go down when I wean my baby.
  • CrazyMermaid1
    CrazyMermaid1 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Nonfat plain Greek yogurt with stevia and cinnamon. Add oat bran for regulation. Tastes like dessert. Cinnamon also stabilizes blood sugar.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    bc119 wrote: »
    Sorry I don't have food suggestions - I'm trying to figure out these cravings as well! :-)

As stated above, sleep deprivation is very likely part of it. I know that doesn't seem to help if you can't sleep more, but sometimes recognizing that your body wants sugar because of the energizing effect can help you be more conscious about it, and when you get in a cycle of eating sugar to get that energy and crashing it can be helpful to break it. Sometimes just by drinking water and eating some carrots or some such (or maybe greek yogurt plus fruit if more calories make sense--it's good to include protein then) when you are wanting something sugary.

I found this to help a lot.
  • patrikc333
    patrikc333 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    apples of 1 m&m work for me
  • Apud85
    Apud85 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Popsicles! I always have to have something sweet after dinner, so I've started buying Yasso greek yogurt popsicles and fruit popsicles and they totally satisfy my craving.
  • justinb2010
    justinb2010 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Quest bars lol brownie in particular. Warm for 12 secs in microwave yummmm