what is your secret simple formula for losing the weight you lost?

Options
babylovers
babylovers Posts: 66 Member
Hello I would like to know what everyone's simple formula for losing their weight was. I think it would be very encouraging to others.

Replies

• briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Walking as much as I can
  • crazygooselady
    crazygooselady Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Accurate counting. And it helped that kids gave me Noro Virus so I didn't feel like eating. I don't recommend it as a plan.
  • NID2410
    NID2410 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Walking. I had been doing body weight exercise too but due to sciatica pain I had to stop. My doctor advised me to just stick to walking for now. That and portion control has been helping me.
  • fitnatic130
    fitnatic130 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Portion control and moving more , I try to do one exercise dvd a day but instead of sitting down all day I get up an clean or something.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    Weigh all solid foods and measure all liquids. You don't really know how much you are eating unless you are using a scale to weigh your foods.
  • chrisjonesy2k
    chrisjonesy2k Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Weighing all the food that i ate has played a bigger part then exercising 24/7, plus self determination and motivation to reach that "goal".
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Digital scale and pre-planning my meals to avoid temptation. Those are the things that have made all the difference to my success and my comfort.
  • mrsjatty
    mrsjatty Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more..
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Keeping calories in check.
  • natboosh69
    natboosh69 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    CICO! :)
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    75lb lost: eating a little less and moving a little more. Oh, and not giving up.

(There's other, personal, stuff there in terms of managing within a calorie allowance and balancing macros, but that's the simple (not-so) secret formula!)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    CI<CO

Calories in (eaten) less than calories out (used).

The formula is that simple.

And it's no secret. Everybody knows it. But everybody doesn't believe in it. The good thing is that it works, no matter if you believe in it or not!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Keep it simple.
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    1. Maintain a caloric deficit.
    2. Repeat step 1.
    3. ???
    4. Profit.
  • amayitux
    amayitux Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I keep prepped snacks I can go to when I'm feeling like loosing control (atm strawberries and mango). This is saving my life from binging on popcorn :blush:
  • echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    If I told you, it wouldn't be a secret :)
  • WelshPhil1975
    WelshPhil1975 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    No snacking, measure foods, plenty of walking
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Don't use the word "diet". Make life style changes that you can live with for the rest of your life!!!
  • dalem48
    dalem48 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    natboosh69 wrote: »
    CICO! :)

This is it!
  • Kate5283kate
    Kate5283kate Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    100g per day of protein. Makes me less hungry, I crave sweets less, and getting to 100 crowds out other (poorer) food choices.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!