Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

stay away from the junk

jalizer20
jalizer20 Posts: 1 Member
1:15 am and I'm dying for cookies and milk. Trying to stay strong if im not happy with my weight I need to make changes. Ugh but y is the first week so hard to get threw

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Make them work in your calorie defecit

• SillyCat1975
    SillyCat1975 Posts: 328 Member
    Hang in there! It's not easy, you will get through it. Think about the way you will look in a month. Hang onto that thought and picture it in your head.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    If you're genuinely hungry, and under your calorie limit, then eat 1 (just 1). If not, then drink some water and go to bed.

I've been on MFP for over 1000 days now and I've lost weight after a baby, been through another pregnancy, and am still losing weight after my third baby (all in my 1000+ days lol) and I have learned that I can have treats and still lose weight. I eat healthily most of the time, so a couple of cookies or slice of cake isn't going to make me gain weight if within a calorie deficit.

Obviously if you find it hard to stop at 2 cookies, then maybe don't have them.
  • italiangurl1972
    italiangurl1972 Posts: 14 Member
    breads is my weakness!
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    But I like my junk. :(
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Food isn't junk. Work treats into your calorie allowance.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Mycophilia wrote: »
    But I like my junk. :(

giggity
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,236 MFP Moderator
    edited May 2015
    jalizer20 wrote: »
    1:15 am and I'm dying for cookies and milk. Trying to stay strong if im not happy with my weight I need to make changes. Ugh but y is the first week so hard to get threw

You don't have to give foods up to lose weight and get healthier. If you're craving them, calculate them into your day.

I also find that when I have cravings, it's usually because I cut my calories too low and my body is screaming for sustenance (though I haven't done this to myself for a really long time... since I know better now). I don't know what your eating plan looks like, but if you've cut calories too severely, this could be a cause. Losing weight doesn't have to be painful. :)
  • Lukyanenko
    Lukyanenko Posts: 65 Member
    I've switched from cookies to frozen melon. It's working so far. Gives me something sweet, but not that many calories.
  • chrisssam
    chrisssam Posts: 106 Member
    "Me love cookie" we I feel like I want junk to eat.. I get one and eat it.... Now well power is needed so you do get two or three....hope you did not give in and eat a lot of cookies and drink a gallon of milk.....any on this post can add me if you would like... Take care
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    ohhh cookies....yummie!!!
  • ronronronj
    ronronronj Posts: 474 Member
    This is another bad song from the 1970s that might give you a chuckle:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLiVeRJTtqo