Is it worth it to purchase a body scale with blue tooth and wifi?

Options
2»

Replies

• chazza55
    chazza55 Posts: 27 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    of course it is not a necessity and with a little extra effort of remembering the numbers and entering it into mfp you can have exactly the same outcome.

That said i love my withings wifi scale and makes it completely painless hassle free way to track my weight. I am the sort of person that would probably forget to log or log at a wrong time if i were doing it manually.

To be fair i like my gadgets but I would say assess whether you are disciplined enough doing it manually, whether you find it a chore to log manually and whether you feel you can afford them.

I personally think they are great but definitely not a required item.

edit: also batteries seem to last a long time and don't see "unbelievable" fluctuations in the withings wifi scale........all fluctuations I can related to sodium/heavy weights sessions causing water retention etc.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I think they're a waste of money and time tbh
  • exelbyplumpton
    exelbyplumpton Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have had my Salter bathroom scales over 15 yrs. Still in good nick, and spot on with the weight. Price then £5. Don't waste your money, I'm sure you could spend it on better things!!!!!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I might buy one if my current scale conks out, but I wouldn't replace it otherwise.
  • Jackie9950
    Jackie9950 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    Until I joined MFP, I had no idea there was such a thing! I have a basic digital, it replaced an old analog I had. I like the .2 increments!

This^^