what is your secret simple formula for losing the weight you lost?

Options

Replies

• getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Make each workout harder than the last, push yourself
    Eat what you want but know what your eating. I also like to eat nutrient dense foods.
    I like to know why I'm eating it
    Eat more veggies.

• TXRedDirt
    TXRedDirt Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    100% by the book M-F, and never eat back my calories. Eat what I want for at least one meal Sat and Sun. The relaxation kept me motivated to lose the first 60. Now my weight loss is coming off a little slower, think I might move that to 1 meal a week.
  • beanerschnitzel
    beanerschnitzel Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    @crazygooselady LMAO! Been there! Done that! And do I ever agree!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Eating much less during the workweek so I can not think about diet on the weekends. I wouldn't recommend this for everyone. But I am one of those that has been gaining slowly as I age, so I didn't need to eat a whole lot less overall. It has made things pretty easy for me.
  • JessNelson_
    JessNelson_ Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    IIFYM
  • Soggynode
    Soggynode Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    CICO is at the heart of it but food prep has made the biggest difference for me. If I didn't spend the time that I do shopping and prepping my breakfast and lunches ahead of time I would be trying to maintain a calorie deficit while eating fast food everyday. That's kinda how I ended up here in the first place.
  • abigail659
    abigail659 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Keep getting up when you fall. There will always be one meal or one day when you get off track.... the key is to having the courage to get back up and go after it again.
    For me, these secrets worked:
    1- breakfast every morning
    2- drinking lots of water
    3- adding fruit as snacks instead of chips
    4- avoiding fast food as much as possible
    5- get moving as much as possible - when I don't feel like working out - I tell myself to just do 10 minutes and if I still don't feel like it I can quit. I usually get through 10 minutes, feel great and keep going.
  • LorraineDawnConrad
    LorraineDawnConrad Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    babylovers wrote: »
    Hello I would like to know what everyone's simple formula for losing their weight was. I think it would be very encouraging to others.

• LorraineDawnConrad
    LorraineDawnConrad Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Eat clean and train mean! Simple!!

• stormyview
    stormyview Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Making a decision that I was going to do this and sticking with it. Without deciding to do it for yourself, it will never happen. No one else can motivate you to want to make the changes. You have to commit to them yourself.
  • insaneturtle25
    insaneturtle25 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Get moving more and control your portions. I don't like the word diet because it's not, it's lifestyle. And ofc when you start loosing the weight you get extremely motivated to continue and push harder
  • Live_To_Win
    Live_To_Win Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Eat smart and get off my *kitten*. Has worked well so far
  • losingitseattle
    losingitseattle Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    using TDEE-15% to figure calorie intake
    logging my good to get a grasp on my nutrient intake
    moving a lot but doing things I enjoy
  • flightybird
    flightybird Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I got a great little digital food scale that I use religiously to control my portions, and make sure to take in a LOT of water. I also got a membership to our local rec center and go there every single day - even if it's just to splash around for half an hour with my daughter.
  • new_me_9_67
    new_me_9_67 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    NID2410 wrote: »
    Walking. I had been doing body weight exercise too but due to sciatica pain I had to stop. My doctor advised me to just stick to walking for now. That and portion control has been helping me.

I too suffered from Sciatic nerve pain and an inversion table worked miracles for me.
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    I gave up dieting for the sake of weight loss. When I started to train for something, it was a different ballgame.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Most important?

Be honest. Don't buy your own B.S.
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Bringing my own meals and snacks to work every time I work.
  • Chewitz
    Chewitz Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Sticking to my calorie deficit by using a kitchen scale
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!