Am I going to plateau?

Options
(Please ignore my bad english, it's a fairly new language to me, so I'm sorry if at some point I become completely illiterate)

I am 5'1 and 100/99 lbs (it fluctuates a lot between those two). I am not looking to gain/lose weight, just maintain. I also eat clean and vegetarian.

I work out 6 days a week for 30 minutes. I mainly just do (pilates) cardio/HIIT because it pushes me and makes me work hard, but not to the point where I become physically ill (which is what extreme cardio and weight training did to me). I repeat one workout on Monday and Saturday, and the other one I repeat on Tuesday and Friday... Thursday and Wednesday are the days that I do completely different workouts..

I was wondering if this was okay and if repeating two of the same workouts twice a week is going to make me plateau?

Replies

• mdashburn
    mdashburn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You'll plateau once it becomes easy. Also, if your goal is to maintain, what is plateauing for you exactly? I wouldn't worry about it too much if your goal is to stay the same. You just have to play around with the formulas and make sure you stay roughly the same.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    What kind of plateau are you talking about? A plateau can be either staying at the same weight (which generally means that you are eating as many calories as you are burning) or it can mean that you don't don't progress, physically, with whatever kind of workout you are doing (e.g., can't add weight to the bar, can't add more reps, etc.)

Your post makes it sound like remaining the same weight is your goal. If your goal is to plateau in that way so I am guessing that you mean an exercise plateau. If you wan to progress with your sport or exercise, you will want to up the intensity or time or some part of it in some way. You don't have to do it every workout or by a lot (i.e., not enough to make you ill) but progress requires you to up the level of difficulty a bit.