1200 calorie friends!

Options
I would love to have some more active friends that are at or about 1200 calories a day and workout too! I love seeing people's diary so that's a bonus as well! I try to stay at 1200 calories burn 400+ each day, I have been here 130+days and have lost almost 23lbs!!

Replies

• tdatsenko
    tdatsenko Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Is 1380 close enough? I bike at least 5 times a week too.
  • myfitnessloselbs
    myfitnessloselbs Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Mine is 1240. I am interested in seeing it too as to how people are managing with their diets in this range
  • SnowballsMom805
    SnowballsMom805 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I would like to join as well.
  • FitNaeNae84
    FitNaeNae84 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yes it's not even so much as what your calories are I just want active friends that are not affiliated to post, comment and motivat each other! !
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I hope you are eating 1200 Net, and not just 1200 and then burning 400, that would be like eating 800 cals and not exercising (not even enough for a toddler)
  • FitNaeNae84
    Options
    I'm doing what works for me and what my doctor said was okay.
  • Jodyogrady
    Jodyogrady Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have been doing 1200 calories since Jan. 6, I have lost over 18 pounds, but do to some medical conditions I have not started actual exercise yet, I can't wait til I can at least walk again. I have 27 pounds to go. I lost a quick 11 pounds before I started dieting and 1200 calories is a good number :p
  • Saritarose
    Saritarose Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm doing what works for me and what my doctor said was okay.
    Ditto and I'm doing the same at the advice of my nutritionist.
    I'm sending you a friend request, NaeNae!
  • FitNaeNae84
    Options
    I know everyone is on a different journey but I love the one I'm on! I feel great and I'm starting to look great! No judgment here!
  • ananney09
    ananney09 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I eat around 1200 a day and exercise at least 6 times a week. I had the sleeve two years ago. A new hip in September so I am just now able to exercise. Last 37 lbs to go
  • droman3296dr
    droman3296dr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    erickirb wrote: »
    I hope you are eating 1200 Net, and not just 1200 and then burning 400, that would be like eating 800 cals and not exercising (not even enough for a toddler)

That is my question net means if I burn 200 calories I have to eat 200 more calories a day? Sorry prob. A stupid question but isnt exercise burning calories for a reason why
  • Saritarose
    Saritarose Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Yes, that is what net means. If you eat 1200, burn 200, you have eaten a "net" of 1000 calories.
    There are different schools of thought, but I'm going with what works for me. I'm 5'7" 205lbs and eating 1100-1400 calories/day and burning 250-450 calories/day at least 3 days/week. I try not to eat over 1200 regardless of whether I've worked out. If I do go over, I make sure I get in plenty of movement that day.

I'm down roughly 20lbs over the past 9 weeks, so approx 2lbs/week loss - nothing crazy.
  • jodie19lo
    jodie19lo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am eating 1200 calories a day however eating more to balance calories burned!

I am finding it easy to stick to this limit but struggling with eating a few bad treats and then restricting my good foods to keep in my total.

I have lost 3 1/2 stone in total since January 2014

Add me
  • sunnyrunner23
    sunnyrunner23 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I would love to friend you. I am 5'4" and with a hypothyroid condition and can't eat more than 1200 a day or I will start gaining.
    I run about 4mi a day with a rest day or two during the week. I just added some strength training and could use some encouragement. Running is a breeze but strength training is a challenge for me!!!

Add me as a friend!
  • ShapingTheLaw
    ShapingTheLaw Posts: 65 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    jodie19lo wrote: »
    Hi all, I am eating 1200 calories a day however eating more to balance calories burned!

I am finding it easy to stick to this limit but struggling with eating a few bad treats and then restricting my good foods to keep in my total.

I have lost 3 1/2 stone in total since January 2014

Add me

I'm having a similar struggle at the moment. By the way, when you are 5'2 and your goal is 120 lbs. then 1200 net is accurate. I lost over 25 lbs. I had a medical condition but I'm healthy now. I still have another 7 more lbs to lose. One of the "problems" that I've encountered with MFP is that little message that you get that says, "You can eat ____ more calories today!" Well, I wish I could kill that message because for the last 4 months, my weight has been stagnant. Okay, some background: I lift a lot, I'm very comfortable in the weight room. I lift 5-6 days a week and I do cardio for 30-60 minutes after lifting. For this past week, I haven't been eating back the calories that I burn and I FINALLY lost 1.5 lbs. I'm going to stick with it. But, it is a struggle because when I eat a "bad" treat I'm having to then restrict the "good" foods to stay within my calorie limit too. Feel free to befriend me. But, just know that I'm a bit shy about sharing my diary. Give me a week or so to summon some courage (I've very critical of myself). I think sharing will help me be more accountable.

• ShapingTheLaw
    ShapingTheLaw Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I would love to friend you. I am 5'4" and with a hypothyroid condition and can't eat more than 1200 a day or I will start gaining.
    I run about 4mi a day with a rest day or two during the week. I just added some strength training and could use some encouragement. Running is a breeze but strength training is a challenge for me!!!

Add me as a friend!

Sunnyrunner23 I had the same condition which is really weird because I'm the ONLY one in my family with the condition. I gained about 35 lbs in one year and had to quit my job because I had critical insomnia and fatigue. I wish I could run like you, though! My cardio is spent on the elliptical machines or fast paced walking uphill on the treadmill. I'm a former runner but I don't have the cardio endurance that I used to have. Plus, honestly, the strength training takes so much out of me that running would probably be way too much for me to handle, personally. Good luck with your goal! And, feel free to befriend me.
  • mystupidwords
    mystupidwords Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    anyone feel free to add me!
  • kristinaljp10
    kristinaljp10 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • wrightchoices
    wrightchoices Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Add me!
  • MarieOrangeFTW
    MarieOrangeFTW Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hiya, mine is about 1, 200 and I run and am starting the gym soon, for training. I've lost about 20 pounds in the last 6 months and feel healthier already! :smiley:
    Now I want to build muscle, very close to my goals, LOVE this app, it has helped so much with my diet and excersice!!