herbalife

Options
Would like people's experiences with herbalife or known facts. I have a friend who swears by it. Just curious is all.

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    It's been caught up in a number of legal battles where it has caused liver damage. That's enough for me to stay the hell away.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    My take, no needed supplements. They are all scamming you for money..

Eat your recommended calories that has been setup for you by MFP and you will loose weight..

If herbalife worked we would all be doing it and the MFP forums would be flooded with success stories... heck it would be national news..
  • breeshipley
    breeshipley Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Is there anywhere to find in depth information about the product?
  • breeshipley
    breeshipley Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm having no trouble loosing weight just curious about the product. I've noticed a lot of friends and family trying it but no one has any concrete info, just what the person selling it tells you.
  • Chazsteers
    Chazsteers Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It does work of course its going to work you are replacing your meals with a low calorie shake ... I would say it's a quick fix and not recommended for long term use.

To me it seems like an expensive version of slim fast .... that's just my opinion though.
  • starryphoenix
    starryphoenix Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    My mom used to work for them. I know people love Splenda, but it's like poison to your body and will ruin your health. I'm not my mom so I can't explain, but she and a whole lot of other people felt a lot better when they went off the stuff.

It's more than just Splenda I think. My mom has had to help fix the problems of people on Splenda a lot though so I trust her. I've seen the effects myself before and am surprised more people don't notice.

Spiru Tein shakes and Garden of Life Raw Meal protein powder is what I recommend. Those two meal replacements are fabulous and work and make you feel amazing.
  • ahebert34
    ahebert34 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I don't take any of their supplements, but I have a shake most mornings. I agree that it's similar to SlimFast or any other meal replacement drink. However, I found one that tastes like a orange sherbet shake from Braum's and I love it! I'm a busy mom and making myself a shake before running out the door just works for my lifestyle. I don't believe it's a miracle weight loss secret....just tastes good and helps me to not grab something unhealthy in the morning rush.
  • cjsears28
    cjsears28 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Is there anywhere to find in depth information about the product?

All of the information is listed on the website with nutritional facts. I use it have no problems but all bodies are different.

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Known fact: it's a gimmick and a waste of money.
    Also known fact: be wary of people who have 1 post on the site and a brand new profile who swear by it, or people who hint that you should get in touch with them after they've sworn by it. Most likely a distributor.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I used their vegan shakes for a while when I stopped using whey and couldn't find a vegan protein powder that didn't taste terrible. It's just a standard meal replacement, like boost or ensure.

The program would work, but you could make your own shakes with protein powder, fruit, and a bit of peanut butter, or just come up with an equivalent calorie snack, add a multivitamin and save a lot of money.

There is no trick or secret, I believe the suggested meal plan adds up to about 1200 calories, which is what causes the weight loss, and the vitamins could be replaced by any reputable brand of multivitamin plus antioxidant support (or better yet, a bunch of fruits and veggies)

I don't think it's a bad product or program, but you can do just as well by tracking your food and controlling your calorie intake, and adding drugstore vitamins.