How do you make things fit your macros?

Options
2»

Replies

• doolalytap
    doolalytap Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am not stringent about them... for example, I go over my fat goal all the time... but I eat a lot of nuts and avocados, so I anticipate that and don't mind. However, when eating at a deficit, it becomes more important to hit close to your protein macro to help minimize loss of lean muscle mass... (I've been crap at protein this week as well, ugh)

I have pre logged this week so was curious about the macros and researched a bit. Today was way off plan as I've been to a birthday party.
    Also I've calculated my TDEE as I exercise a bit and if I go too low on calories I end up giving up. Does this work for you guys?
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    prelogging the entire day...or at least most of it. after a while you tend to find what works for you and what doesn't

+1 - I prepare and log my entire day the night before so I can make sure I fit my macros. I also eat a lot of the same food because I don't get tired of certain things.

Planning and prepping is key - you can do it! :smile:

• HollandOats
    HollandOats Posts: 202 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    Protein and Fat are also more satiating, as they take longer to digest, so trying to get good amounts of those in there should help make you feel fuller throughout the day, even on a deficit.

carbs give you energy for movement and exercise...

It is actually best to try to hit the min on all of them...

Very true. I am not the most active person on weekdays, due to long hours at a desk job - I often just do some chores and go to bed after work, so in my own typical day, I'm seeking satiety from my few meals (to keep me from mindlessly snacking) rather than fuel for vigorous activity. Weekends are a different story...

*I try and get most of my carbs from produce, which doesn't have the effect of making me crave more carbs (which other sources do). I eat mostly raw veggies though, which feels like a lot of work while it's happening, haha... so I don't have them more than once a day really. I know cooking them could make it easier for me, but I'm not really one to cook. This works for me.)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I only really focus on my protein
  • HollandOats
    Options
    doolalytap wrote: »
    I am not stringent about them... for example, I go over my fat goal all the time... but I eat a lot of nuts and avocados, so I anticipate that and don't mind. However, when eating at a deficit, it becomes more important to hit close to your protein macro to help minimize loss of lean muscle mass... (I've been crap at protein this week as well, ugh)

I have pre logged this week so was curious about the macros and researched a bit. Today was way off plan as I've been to a birthday party.
    Also I've calculated my TDEE as I exercise a bit and if I go too low on calories I end up giving up. Does this work for you guys?

I'm not sure what you're asking...
  • chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    +1 to all the above answers...

After logging for some time you'll start to know what will help you meet your goal and what won't. I've removed sugar from my display and replaced it with Fiber. Since most of my sugar comes from fruit, or my morning coffee (or maybe my coffee flavored protein shakes) and I have no medical reason to watch my sugar I'm not so concerned about it.
  • DoreenaV1975
    DoreenaV1975 Posts: 567 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I removed something (can't remember what) and added fiber...because I suffer from IBS and I need to make sure to meet my fiber goals. Other than the fact that I thought that too much sugar and sodium were bad for my body.. I haven't really paid attention to anything else. For me I worry about: staying w/in my calories (preferably w/ a deficit which I succeed at doing every day), fiber, sugar, and sodium. Everything else I have been ignoring.
  • HollandOats
    Options
    Doeena1975 wrote: »
    I removed something (can't remember what) and added fiber...because I suffer from IBS and I need to make sure to meet my fiber goals. Other than the fact that I thought that too much sugar and sodium were bad for my body.. I haven't really paid attention to anything else. For me I worry about: staying w/in my calories (preferably w/ a deficit which I succeed at doing every day), fiber, sugar, and sodium. Everything else I have been ignoring.

If your goal is weight loss, then your current plan should work fine.

As I got closer to my goal weight (5-10 lbs away now) Focusing on nutrition and protein has become more important to me. So that's why I semi-keep tabs on them.
  • DoreenaV1975
    DoreenaV1975 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Doeena1975 wrote: »

If your goal is weight loss, then your current plan should work fine.

As I got closer to my goal weight (5-10 lbs away now) Focusing on nutrition and protein has become more important to me. So that's why I semi-keep tabs on them.

Thanks! Good to know!
    Yes, weight loss is my goal right now.